Showering with the dog

I don't like leaning over the bath to wash my dogs, so I put them in the shower cubicle to wash them. I wear t-shirt and knickers as my legs get wet so it's pointless wearing trousers.

I'm guessing that I'm not the only one trying to picture this :)

do you drug your dogs? only I would have to bend over to shower my dogs more than if I was harnessing them in the bath

do you drug your dogs? only I would have to bend over to shower my dogs more than if I was harnessing them in the bath

No I don't drug them or use a harness.

With the bath I have to lift them in, then I find leaning over the side of the bath makes my lower back ache. In the shower, I can shove them in without lifting and I can squat while I wash them so it doesn't hurt my back.

"Hello, is that the Police? I've been reading this message board, and just wanted to tip you off that you might want to have a new Operation name handy, and probably set aside a bit more of an overtime budget for the next few weeks than planned."

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
No I don't drug them or use a harness.

With the bath I have to lift them in, then I find leaning over the side of the bath makes my lower back ache. In the shower, I can shove them in without lifting and I can squat while I wash them so it doesn't hurt my back.

aaaaaahhhh that does make sense :)

yes they are never that keen to get in the bath themselves are they:lol:

I don't harness them with a harness btw, just with an arm, they are pretty good about it I think because they are plotting their antics when they get out and run up and down the house shaking off and rubbing against everything.

aaaaaahhhh that does make sense :)

yes they are never that keen to get in the bath themselves are they:lol:

I don't harness them with a harness btw, just with an arm, they are pretty good about it I think because they are plotting their antics when they get out and run up and down the house shaking off and rubbing against everything.
My dog doesn't do water so no chance of a bath or a shower for her.

I've got a lot of time for people who rightly treat dogs better than people. Dogs own private en suite? Love it!

Back