Should we stick with MD till end of season?

That would be a shambles, so hopefully doesn’t happen. Daft thing is, I don’t think we need a whole new squad. Far from it. This same group of players were performing well last season and start of this one. With the obvious replacement of Clarke presuming he goes, I think it’s just a small amount of quality needing added rather than a full team. Minimum of one proper established centre forward, not another kid, a centre back and a commanding centre midfielder that is going to protect the back 4. Suppose a better attacking midfielder would be nice as well.
Minimum of one established CF is spot on. Lots seem to go along with the idea that we need to bring in only one as we only ever play one up front. We need a ready made replacement in case of injury and to allow tactical changes when needed. The influx from last summer won’t be ready for next season I believe.

Unless someone superb comes along and wants to take charge right away then Dodds is here regardless of results until the end of the season.

Just had a brainwave.

APPOINT SPEAKMAN NOW!

Knows it all, reckons we don't need a centre forward or any experience, he is the man with the answers for the questions our squad of 'very young players' raise.

p.s. Our talented crop of 'very young players' now look rather less remarkable when you see what Liverpool's are doing

If its not Dodds as the next head coach, then what role will Dodds have? I assume he will go back to being assistant head coach and the new bloke won't be able to bring in his own staff?

Due to the set-up here we won't be getting a new head coach now this season. They won't spend the money to get a coach currently in work. Who in their right mind would leave a job to come here without their own backroom staff? They are on slim pickings imo. It'll be end of season for sure. I have a feeling if Speakman doesn't get this appointment right he is out the door.
Depends on who they want. There's already a load of managers that are available right now. Now these range from unlikely to please put a gun to head but considering some of our decision making I guess you couldn't t rule anything out and going from every manager we've picked up under this regime, we love a freebie.

Graham Potter
Frank Lampard
Scott Parker
Steve Cooper
Ralph Hassenhuttl
Jesse Marsch
Andre Villas-Boas
Laurent Blanc
Chris Houghton
Wayne Rooney
Paul Ince

Among a few already available. Obviously that ranges from excellent to terrible and a few who wouldn't consider it but there's a few names in there that wouldn't surprise me that much tbh.

Just had a brainwave.

APPOINT SPEAKMAN NOW!

Knows it all, reckons we don't need a centre forward or any experience, he is the man with the answers for the questions our squad of 'very young players' raise.

p.s. Our talented crop of 'very young players' now look rather less remarkable when you see what Liverpool's are doing
What Liverpool's are doing?

Why debate it we are stuck with him till the end of season , would love us to pick up some wins but a coach with limited ability in the championship is a big ask

Bringing in a new coach now and seeing the side lose a load of games won’t do anyone any good. Let Dodds take the shite for these next 12 depressing games and then start afresh in the summer. But we do need someone lined up the work should be happening now.

Depends on who they want. There's already a load of managers that are available right now. Now these range from unlikely to please put a gun to head but considering some of our decision making I guess you couldn't t rule anything out and going from every manager we've picked up under this regime, we love a freebie.

Graham Potter
Frank Lampard
Scott Parker
Steve Cooper
Ralph Hassenhuttl
Jesse Marsch
Andre Villas-Boas
Laurent Blanc
Chris Houghton
Wayne Rooney
Paul Ince

Among a few already available. Obviously that ranges from excellent to terrible and a few who wouldn't consider it but there's a few names in there that wouldn't surprise me that much tbh.
RH Now manager of Wolfsburg, there's one off the list.

The last 5 games must surely have demonstrated to the board of directors that MD should never be considered for the post on a permanent basis.

Back