Shortest day today..

The evenings have been getting lighter since the 12th of December, which was the earliest sunset of the year.

Mornings don’t start getting lighter till the turn of the year when we pass the latest sunrise.

You are correct. I've even read that the time of day/ night doesn't begin to switch for another week or so. You have to imagine the earth slows down until the point it changes on its axis, so at the peak and trough in the year it is flat. It will accelerate toward the opposite end mid curve, i.e. spring and autumn.
How do the flat earthers explain this magic pokery?

I know. I spend the entire year counting down to either the longest, or shortest day of the year. It's a bit of an obsession.
Me too. I went into work in new season clothes saying first day of winter and daylight hours getting longer , yay! Looked upon ( fondly, I have to say) as a mad woman. They reckon it's been winter for ages, but they just don't understand.

Me too. I went into work in new season clothes saying first day of winter and daylight hours getting longer , yay! Looked upon ( fondly, I have to say) as a mad woman. They reckon it's been winter for ages, but they just don't understand.

I'm not long back from 2 weeks in the sun, so I'm considering this winter to be well & truly skipped. :cool:

Back