Shootings in Prague

My eldest did her Erasmus university placement at King Charles university in Sept to Dec 2013. The picture on the BBC site is where she got the tram home to Hostivar. I went there twice when she was studying, another time before then on a city break with our lass. Never struck me as being a particularly unsafe city, pretty friendly tbh.
Kinell

Last edited:
Horrible stuff.

Seems guns are legal and widely available in Czechia. Rarely hear about gun crime (as opposed to the US), is it less of a thing @Lambchops ?
You hear of very little tbh. They're not readily available there's licenses etc and you can't just rock up to a shop like in the US to get one.

There's a lot of shooting ranges mind, good fun actually

Witness on the news said he heard at least a dozen shots fired, idiot was just walking around the 4th floor picking people off.

There's a picture of kids having climbed out of a 4th floor window crouching on the facade of the building to hide

Last edited:
Czech authorities confirm 10 people dead and 9 seriously injured and 20 others with various injuries - gunman “eliminated”. - what a fooked up world we are living in

Last edited:
Evacuating the city library as suspected bomb there and police have raided a house in a village called kladno - all connected apparently

Being reported the shooter killed his dad in kladno then went to the university

Last edited:

Back