Shaun Tait vs Virender Sehwag

Status
Not open for further replies.
he might get sacked for this

why? for speaking the truth and being man enough to say what most are thinking but dare not because the world has gone mad, and fear upsetting anyone.

yardy isnt good enough for international cricket and thats what boycott said. he also commented that yardy was a liability because of his ability on the cricket pitch not because of his illness. regardless of his illness yardy hasnt spun a ball this tournament. how can we even call yardy a spinner when he doesnt spin it? because he has depression are we not allowed to comment on his performances?

not having a go at anyone on here but its shite like this that gets me. boycott says he isnt good enough and then the media picks up on it and suddenly he may be trying to save his job. the man speaks straight and is sometimes direct when he does speak and as a result sometimes offends people but he speaks honestly.

why? for speaking the truth and being man enough to say what most are thinking but dare not because the world has gone mad, and fear upsetting anyone.

yardy isnt good enough for international cricket and thats what boycott said. he also commented that yardy was a liability because of his ability on the cricket pitch not because of his illness. regardless of his illness yardy hasnt spun a ball this tournament. how can we even call yardy a spinner when he doesnt spin it? because he has depression are we not allowed to comment on his performances?

not having a go at anyone on here but its shite like this that gets me. boycott says he isnt good enough and then the media picks up on it and suddenly he may be trying to save his job. the man speaks straight and is sometimes direct when he does speak and as a result sometimes offends people but he speaks honestly.

I know what you mean but it's not quite as simple as that. Yardy hasn't looked upto it in this World Cup although to be fair to him he's been decent over the last 12 months and was as consistent as anyone in the victorious World Twenty20 campaign. Boycott's comments on his ability in this tournement have been pretty spot on, but today it comes across slightly as him using a situation to help vindicate his own opinions. That probably wasn't Boycott's intention but the timing of his comments today couldn't have been much worse. Depression not only effects you mentally but phyiscally aswell, and if Yardy has struggled with this for some time, then it will have contributed towards poor performances in the World Cup.

because we live in a politically correct country with the BBC being one of the main implementers of it. I don't agree with it either but Boycott had made his point about Yardy enough through the tournament without having to say anything else, his job will be at risk and it will be a shame if it goes as he is my favourite commentator/pundit.

And yet you conveniently forget the 33 runs that have come from his 5 overs to put Australia on the back foot.

that has to be one of weakest arguements I have ever read on here and thats saying something

he has just got arguably the best player in the world out when well set infront of a passionate Indian home crowd and the best you can say is for someone who will always go for runs due to his sheer pace off the bat that he is going for 6.5 an over.

A genuine quick like that is picked to get the best batsmen out

dont give it out then come back with feeble nonsense like that

that has to be one of weakest arguements I have ever read on here and thats saying something

he has just got arguably the best player in the world out when well set infront of a passionate Indian home crowd and the best you can say is for someone who will always go for runs due to his sheer pace off the bat that he is going for 6.5 an over.

If he goes for 65 off 10 I doubt very much Australia will win, it's a very valid point in what could be such a tight run chase :confused:

I know what you mean but it's not quite as simple as that. Yardy hasn't looked upto it in this World Cup although to be fair to him he's been decent over the last 12 months and was as consistent as anyone in the victorious World Twenty20 campaign. Boycott's comments on his ability in this tournement have been pretty spot on, but today it comes across slightly as him using a situation to help vindicate his own opinions. That probably wasn't Boycott's intention but the timing of his comments today couldn't have been much worse. Depression not only effects you mentally but phyiscally aswell, and if Yardy has struggled with this for some time, then it will have contributed towards poor performances in the World Cup.

could have been better timed i agree. think that the direct way he speaks is the problem here, but the last part of what you say is the interesting bit for me. if yardy has been struggling with this for a while then questions do indeed need asking of the selectors for selecting him in the first place. this hasnt happened over night and thats another point made by boycott.

because we live in a politically correct country with the BBC being one of the main implementers of it. I don't agree with it either but Boycott had made his point about Yardy enough through the tournament without having to say anything else, his job will be at risk and it will be a shame if it goes as he is my favourite commentator/pundit.

yeah i like him too. loved listening to his commentary during the ashes.

If he goes for 65 off 10 I doubt very much Australia will win, it's a very valid point in what could be such a tight run chase :confused:

so you dont give any leway for someone who bowls at 95mph to be slightly more expensive than the required rate despite him getting half the Indian batting out with one ball

so you dont give any leway for someone who bowls at 95mph to be slightly more expensive than the required rate despite him getting half the Indian batting out with one ball

:lol:

4 Indian batsmen have centuries in this tournament. It's hardly like if Sachin gets out the rest of the team are nearly incapable of holding a bat.

fuckin hell:lol:. Tait is just another average quick bowler who can turn it on now and again and goes missing in the big games.

And in the the England v India tied game, can anyone guess which bowler got Tendulker out, but had disappointing figures of 1/loads.

CAN ANYONE GUESS? :lol:

And in the the England v India tied game, can anyone guess which bowler got Tendulker out, but had disappointing figures of 1/loads.

CAN ANYONE GUESS? :lol:

Erm... :lol:

EB just sets himself up time and time again.

i get the feeling he is frantically trawling about the net looking for some stat to get out of this one. or will say the pitch was doing allsorts for the bowlers.

7-0-52-1

Any more pearls of wisdom then? At this rate he'll be knocking them out of the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back