Sex- change people now 'want to change back'

I don't need a better example, people have already lost their jobs over this in the girl guides.
I've gone through why she was daft. A troop leader shouldn't be sleeping in the same tent or showering with kids (unless it's a unisex swimming baths style thing I guess), you yourself have provided research that shows the transkids are unlikely to be interested in lasses.

BTW, at that level it's not a job afaik, it's a voluntary position. Typically it's a few parents or people who were into it as young'uns that run them. If my kid had gotten into scouts I could have seen me volunteering. :lol:

Remember, in that article she didn't lose her position for raising concerns in the letter, she was expelled after setting up a private chat with a load of other people, fuck knows what was said in that chat.

I've gone through why she was daft. A troop leader shouldn't be sleeping in the same tent or showering with kids (unless it's a unisex swimming baths style thing I guess), you yourself have provided research that shows the transkids are unlikely to be interested in lasses.

BTW, at that level it's not a job afaik, it's a voluntary position. Typically it's a few parents or people who were into it as young'uns that run them. If my kid had gotten into scouts I could have seen me volunteering. :lol:

Remember, in that article she didn't lose her position for raising concerns in the letter, she was expelled after setting up a private chat with a load of other people, fuck knows what was said in that chat.
You think it's going to end there?

This is just the start man if we don't nab this shite in the bud.

Imagine letting kids change their genders man :lol: they can't even buy a scratch card ffs.

You think it's going to end there?

This is just the start man if we don't nab this shite in the bud.
If men can marry men next thing you know they'll be marrying toddlers and shagging horses.

Thin end of the wedge arguments are daft.

Imagine letting kids change their genders man :lol: they can't even buy a scratch card ffs.
I don't know how best to deal with it at a societal level, the line is certainly before surgery and hormone therapy for me.

Phychiatric support seems an obvious start, and participating in activities as your chosen gender if that sticks I guess. They are nothing that will become irreversible, and things that may put you off the whole thing.

To get back onto the topic of the thread many people want to go back to their original gender after surgery it suggests there's a decent chance its not filling whatever hole they feel like they have.

Tbh if my son wanted to be a lass I'd probably deal with it by initially telling him not to bother because he'd be f***ing hideous. :lol:

If men can marry men next thing you know they'll be marrying toddlers and shagging horses.

Thin end of the wedge arguments are daft.

I don't know how best to deal with it at a societal level, the line is certainly before surgery and hormone therapy for me.

Phychiatric support seems an obvious start, and participating in activities as your chosen gender if that sticks I guess. They are nothing that will become irreversible, and things that may put you off the whole thing.

To get back onto the topic of the thread many people want to go back to their original gender after surgery it suggests there's a decent chance its not filling whatever hole they feel like they have.

Tbh if my son wanted to be a lass I'd probably deal with it by initially telling him not to bother because he'd be f***ing hideous. :lol:
You're obviously not convinced so I'll stop wasting me time, I think you're living in cloud cuckoo land on this like.

I simply don't think girls should have to put up with this shite.

You obviously do.... fair do's. Hopefully you'll remain in the minority on this one

You're obviously not convinced so I'll stop wasting me time, I think you're living in cloud cuckoo land on this like.

I simply don't think girls should have to put up with this shite.

You obviously do.... fair do's. Hopefully you'll remain in the minority on this one
We can agree to disagree.

If trans tolerance was a spectrum and on one end you have "there are 30-odd genders and you are what ever you feel like in that moment and if you don't agree you are a transphobic monster" and on the other you have "a male is male and a female is female and never shall the twain meet and if you don't like it you are a woke SJW beta cuck" I'm closer to the former than the latter, that doesn't mean I agree with it.

I don't think the extreme former is where it will settle down and normalise, but I'm sure history wont remember those in the latter camp fondly.

As a straight, white, 'cis' male I don't really have any skin in the game, our conversation is about as much as I'm likely to get into it one way or the other.

We can agree to disagree.

If trans tolerance was a spectrum and on one end you have "there are 30-odd genders and you are what ever you feel like in that moment and if you don't agree you are a transphobic monster" and on the other you have "a male is male and a female is female and never shall the twain meet and if you don't like it you are a woke SJW beta cuck" I'm closer to the former than the latter, that doesn't mean I agree with it.

I don't think the extreme former is where it will settle down and normalise, but I'm sure history wont remember those in the latter camp fondly.

As a straight, white, 'cis' male I don't really have any skin in the game, our conversation is about as much as I'm likely to get into it one way or the other.
We all have skin in the game, it's about how we want our society to be structured.

I'm happy with people fully transitioning with an op to the other sex as an adult.

I'm not happy about people lying about things science doesn't back them up on and child abuse in the name of kindness.

But my main concern is why we should change the entirety of society and the way it functions just to appease less than 1% of the population for the few years before they decide to fully transition.

It will be exploited, as it has been.

We all have skin in the game, it's about how we want our society to be structured.
I don't really care about which bog people use. I only care what pronoun someone wants to be called insofar as I care about their sexuality, religion, or what football team they support.

There is a line somewhere for me, but for every story of something crossing it there's a story where I think "no biggie". As a society we'll figure that line out, it's certainly not going to be at either extreme of the spectrum, it's not necessarily going to be a line I'm comfortable with.

I'm happy with people fully transitioning with an op to the other sex as an adult.
Agree
I'm not happy about people lying about things science doesn't back them up on and child abuse in the name of kindness.
The science doesn't back you up. It just shows that it's a smaller niche than society currently makes assumes it to be, 90% in your study grow up to be gay men - the other 10% don't.

There is a bell curve of "normality" and with bell curves there are extremes.

But my main concern is why we should change the entirety of society and the way it functions just to appease less than 1% of the population for the few years before they decide to fully transition.
We adjust for the minority of people all of the time. Surely a person living as the gender they want to transition to before getting major surgery is a good thing, fuck knows what the rate of regret will be without it.

It will be exploited, as it has been.
Exerything gets exploited by some cretin. We aren't getting shot of the NHS because someone it a nose job by pretending to be sad, you shift policy and crack down on those exploiting the system.

I don't really care about which bog people use. I only care what pronoun someone wants to be called insofar as I care about their sexuality, religion, or what football team they support.

There is a line somewhere for me, but for every story of something crossing it there's a story where I think "no biggie". As a society we'll figure that line out, it's certainly not going to be at either extreme of the spectrum, it's not necessarily going to be a line I'm comfortable with.

Agree

The science doesn't back you up. It just shows that it's a smaller niche than society currently makes assumes it to be, 90% in your study grow up to be gay men - the other 10% don't.

There is a bell curve of "normality" and with bell curves there are extremes.

We adjust for the minority of people all of the time. Surely a person living as the gender they want to transition to before getting major surgery is a good thing, fuck knows what the rate of regret will be without it.

Exerything gets exploited by some cretin. We aren't getting shot of the NHS because someone it a nose job by pretending to be sad, you shift policy and crack down on those exploiting the system.
The science does back me up.

We don't adjust for the minority all the time when the detriment is on the majority.

The science does back me up.

We don't adjust for the minority all the time when the detriment is on the majority.
I've just explained to you, in very simple terms, how the very study you keep quoting doesn't support you, it just implies its less prevelant than we think.

Its no more a detriment to the majority than gay rights were.

I've just explained to you, in very simple terms, how the very study you keep quoting doesn't support you, it just implies its less prevelant than we think.

Its no more a detriment to the majority than gay rights were.
What are you talking about? How does the scientific study I quoted not support my point? I quoted it because it directly supports my point

This is completely different to gay rights. Gay people weren't declaring they were females with dicks

Back