Setting Alarms Off In Supermarkets

I carry multiple mobiles, personal / work. Car key (that shouldn’t be it because it wasn’t happening when I first got it) a security fob for a work computer, a security pass for the doors & one for the car park. I suppose there’s only my personal phone & key fob that are always on me.

I used to have a fob for my work doors and that’s what it turned out to be for me. It happened all the time til I eventually worked it out. Try keeping your fobs in the car next time and see if it makes a difference.

Here in Australia some retailers have signs outside their shops saying that it is a condition of entry that you will submit your bags for inspection by a security guard or member of staff upon leaving.
Personally I think it’s a load of shite so just walk past any of them. But I still see people just standing there waiting to have their bags looked into leaving the stores.

Does it happen to anyone else regularly? I’m always setting them off, both going in & coming out of the shop. If a security guard ever comes across they’ve often shrugged & just said it’ll be my phone. The other day I walked into Tesco texting, nothing happened, left with it in my pocket locked, alarms went off.

It’s started be a right pisser. It’s only a matter of tim before I’m on somebody’s watch list :lol:

Canny defence stratergy

even when i have been on the rob in asda i just totally ignore it when it goes off as there is always somewhere next to you or near you walking out who will react all surprised and stop and look round to the security guard--i just carry on walking out
Bad defence strategy

4 season cards will set the alarm off in sainsburys. If a branch member can't make a game they'll often give me their card for someone else to use. 3 is ok, but 4 cards in my wallet guarantees to set the alarm off

Back