Sending money to a prisoner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

You are better off asking him if you can just give it to someone on the outside for him, you will end up doing that in a couple of weeks to be fair :neutral:

So, my step-son went and got himself 6 months for assault. Hit some bloke with a bottle for threatening his lass. The tit.

Anyway I'm trying to send him a few quid online, but the .gov website only allows payments to public prisons, not private ones.

Has anybody used this... is it safe?

https://www.secure-payment-services.com/

Anyone know of any other non-shady sites I can use to send money?

my advice would be to google the prison he's in and see what they advise

you can pay money directly to a prison and that's a lot quicker in transferring the money to his private spends, rather than the costs incurred for having a postal order made out, then how long it takes to get there and be paid in

any questions or advice i can offer, feel free to drop me a pm.

my advice would be to google the prison he's in and see what they advise

you can pay money directly to a prison and that's a lot quicker in transferring the money to his private spends, rather than the costs incurred for having a postal order made out, then how long it takes to get there and be paid in

any questions or advice i can offer, feel free to drop me a pm.
I've just ran through a few prison websites and they all direct me to the SPS link I posted. It seems legit tbh, I'm just paranoid and was hoping to hear from others who'd used the site.

Cheers marra.

It's £5 for laundry detergent in ther apparently, other things like soap etc are £1 a pop.

he most likely wants the money for either paying off some beefy prison 'boyfriend' or he is massively addicted to meth. makes sense when you think about it.

So, my step-son went and got himself 6 months for assault. Hit some bloke with a bottle for threatening his lass. The tit.

Anyway I'm trying to send him a few quid online, but the .gov website only allows payments to public prisons, not private ones.

Has anybody used this... is it safe?

https://www.secure-payment-services.com/

Anyone know of any other non-shady sites I can use to send money?
Take it on a visit. Or a postal order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back