Sell to buy: PVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braven

Midfield
We all knew Moyes would have to sell to buy and I think if we get 10-12M for PVA we're laughing.

Yes he's an attacking threat but he can't cross a ball and always ends up out of position and becomes a defensive liability.
3 goals for and countless against caused.

He would only be effective as a WB with 3 competent CBs with pace. If we play 4 at the back he's a luxury we can't afford and is the reason we face so many crosses or have wingers running at an aging JOS

I just hope we buy someone to replace him who can defend and/or Robson proves to be a premier league footballer

The problem is the market, when even a poor leftback that is surplus to requirements like Schlupp is worth £12m, finding a replacement for less money seems very difficult.

Wait till we see who his replacement is, selling our "better" players and replacing them with shit is one of the reasons we are where we are.

Wait till we see who his replacement is, selling our "better" players and replacing them with shit is one of the reasons we are where we are.

Better at what tho? He's a shite LB as he can't perform his main duty which is defending. Prob could be classed as our best LW if he played there

As much as i am happy with 12m for PVA i do not trust Moyes with a single penny of it. He has signed complete dross since he came through the door.

Pretty much spot on. I'd love to see the stats that compare PVA's attacking contributions to his defensive failings. It may mean we can play a winger or wide midfielder who can attack rather than always being on the back foot covering for him.

As for Moyes, well I get the investment in McNair and Love as ones for the future. What I don't get is why he sanctioned two Allardyce targets in N'Dong and Djilibodji blowing the budget in the process. It questions how much his finger is on the pulse with what is actually out there. What did he spend his time away from the game doing? Not maintaining an active list of targets, that's for sure. Any out of work manager worth his salt will be keeping lists of potential players suited to various levels of jobs that may be available in the future.

Better at what tho? He's a shite LB as he can't perform his main duty which is defending. Prob could be classed as our best LW if he played there
He can when told not to go forward as much, he wasn't because he was the only other goal threat we had.

Bain said most of the money will be used to pay off debt. For the large part we are weakening our team to a direct rival.

The problem is the market, when even a poor leftback that is surplus to requirements like Schlupp is worth £12m, finding a replacement for less money seems very difficult.
I doubt it will happen tbh. At least not effectively.

Moyes won't get any of the money, I'm not even convinced he'll ask for it.

If they were interested in staying up they'd buy someone like Snodgrass for £8 million. He'll flog PVA, Kone, Borini, Khazri and Pickford, at some point, & then sell the club for a reduced price next season.

Are we? His performance on Saturday was disgusting. Heavily to blame for both goals.
Yes :lol: he is our best players. One of the best attacking full-backs in the league. Our second-biggest attacking threat. I'm well aware he has his faults. Has his attributes too, unlike many of our players.

Who else do we have to play left-back, Manquillo?

Yes :lol: he is our best players. One of the best attacking full-backs in the league. Our second-biggest attacking threat. I'm well aware he has his faults. Has his attributes too, unlike many of our players.

Who else do we have to play left-back, Manquillo?

His attacking threat constantly leaves us wide open like I've never seen before. Opposition teams know this. He makes little effort to get back. I agree he's useful going forward but the liabilities far outweigh the positives for me. Use some of the money to buy a proper left back rather than the makeshift ones we've had for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back