Self Defence

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone who is highly trained in a legit martial art will fuck up/evade/neutralise a game unskilled scrapper 99 times out of 100. Anyone with a decent dig and an appreciation of movement will always have a punchers chance but if someone really knows their stuff they will see everything Joe Bloggs is doing before he does it.

When you watch UFC it looks like a pub car park fight but those top lads are super athletes, black belts in one or more traditional martial arts and highly proficient in multiple others as well as wrestling, boxing and kickboxing.

You can see the difference when a bloke who cant fight but gets rowdy on the drink rubs another normal bloke who has a basic aptitude for fighting up the wrong way. With people who know what they are doing it is that x 100.

I think someone who is highly trained in a legit martial art will fuck up/evade/neutralise a game unskilled scrapper 99 times out of 100. Anyone with a decent dig and an appreciation of movement will always have a punchers chance but if someone really knows their stuff they will see everything Joe Bloggs is doing before he does it.

When you watch UFC it looks like a pub car park fight but those top lads are super athletes, black belts in one or more traditional martial arts and highly proficient in multiple others as well as wrestling, boxing and kickboxing.

You can see the difference when a bloke who cant fight but gets rowdy on the drink rubs another normal bloke who has a basic aptitude for fighting up the wrong way. With people who know what they are doing it is that x 100.
that is why fighting is so good, you never know for sure who is going to win

waster the windmill vs piano nailz

place your bets now please

An observation.
i created this thread for people to learn about self defence so its about fighting - you have come on here and made it about your anger and anger leads to fear and fear leads to suffering

i did most of my MA training in the house as dojo's could never afford to put the heating on

I’d back a good street fighter over a martial artist.

The tacit rules that exist in a dojo don’t apply to street/pub brawlers.

Boxers are the worst to fight standing up.

Arm bars, wrist locks, chokes and throws are complicated to apply for all but the very best martial artists.

Have a look at a bloke called Geoff Thompson. He used to run self defence courses years ago. They were bloody terrifying.

He’s written a few books on the subject too. The Pavement Arena is one I recall.
Welcome back lord Rowell and his windmilling the hand wavers discipline .
Hetton/Murton with George Coates?
No mate was in York then , trained originally at Kenshinkan in the 70s took a break and joined York shotokan later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back