Secondary income

The wax melt business is a reverse funnel system IMO.

We've had the hard sell off one of my Mrs mates. Wax gets all over the carpets, they're a blimmin stupid design unless you have brand new sockets, and are a nightmare with kids and pets running all over.

Selling my tat on Facebook Marketplace / Gumtree - needed to have a clear out but I really hate it due to the time wasters or folks trying to get everything for next to nowt. It's come to the point where I'm getting sick and just chucking shit away (rather than to have a load of hassle for a couple of quid).

Selling my tat on Facebook Marketplace / Gumtree - needed to have a clear out but I really hate it due to the time wasters or folks trying to get everything for next to nowt. It's come to the point where I'm getting sick and just chucking shit away (rather than to have a load of hassle for a couple of quid).
A mate of mine was selling something for a fiver, just outside Durham.

Can you deliver to Darlington? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a CEO boss babe Mumpreneur and living my best life 😎
Loving, laughing and living your best life.
I've got some electrical items I want to sell. I used to use ebay but it's always a ballache so I keep putting it off.

Last edited:
A mate of mine was selling something for a fiver, just outside Durham.

Can you deliver to Darlington? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Had it before where they put in a lower offer and ask if it can be delivered.... :lol::lol:

Then there are the ones that you give something to bit can't make it until x and keep messing you about.

Then those that arrive and only have £x less as cash point broke....not sure what they are expecting but get told to come back.

Had it before where they put in a lower offer and ask if it can be delivered.... :lol::lol:

Then there are the ones that you give something to bit can't make it until x and keep messing you about.

Then those that arrive and only have £x less as cash point broke....not sure what they are expecting but get told to come back.

I sold something and the lass handed me some folded notes and was putting it in her car. She seemed dodgy so I checked the money and only half was there. I asked her where the rest was and she mumbled something about getting mixed up with something else she was buying and gave me the rest. I wondered how many other people she'd fleeced like that.

I've come across a lot of people who have been furloughed from work in the last year and have started doing little bits on the side to top their earnings up. The better half (no) has just started selling wax melts. Has anyone else got any small business ventures away from day to day work?
Can you actually have a second income and still be on furloughed
what about these people who work massive hours on low pay to make ends meet
no time to even have a second job

Can you actually have a second income and still be on furloughed
what about these people who work massive hours on low pay to make ends meet
no time to even have a second job

Yes that was what I thought was unfair about the scheme. Suppose your main employment was closed so you were put on furlough. You can still go out and do as much other work as you want as long as it isn't for your original employer.

Some people have profited through the pandemic by being paid furlough, then taking on something like a temp supermarket job and benefitted from two salaries coming in.

Back