Season Ticket Tracker 2023-24

5th June 2022 - 27,730
5th June 2023 - 32,220

I reckon we are at least 1k down on that 32,220 figure from season tickets in corporate like.

The Sunderland tweet inidictating 29k had been sold will include them but the tracker won’t

What do people think about single seats?

The only seats left in SWC are single....but there are a few singles that are separated by a 2 or a 3 which are taken.e.g. U34 row 30.

If these taken seats were consolidated by a minor adjustment, e.g. shifting one seat along the row, it should be possible to create a new cluster of 2 or maybe 3 consecutive seats. Which would enable a family or group to enter the SWC.

A small inconvenience for some but a major benefit for someone else.

Surely a good idea?

The only seats left in SWC are single....but there are a few singles that are separated by a 2 or a 3 which are taken.e.g. U34 row 30.

If these taken seats were consolidated by a minor adjustment, e.g. shifting one seat along the row, it should be possible to create a new cluster of 2 or maybe 3 consecutive seats. Which would enable a family or group to enter the SWC.

Surely a good idea?
Sounds good in theory, and it's what some websites force you to do for single events (i.e. they stop you leaving a single seat when purchasing). But in practice for season tickets it won't work as some people just want a single seat for the season so it can't be enforced like that.

You'd have to have something whereby people could say if they are happy to move seats within the same row or block, and I suspect the overhead of doing that just wouldn't be worth it (or even available from ticketmaster).

Surely a good idea?
I know what you're saying. But I've had my seat since day 1. So wouldn't be happy. Especially after keeping it going through the rough times for both the club and when I've been skint.

Surely a good idea?
Whilst what you’re saying makes sense, I’d be properly pissed off if someone started moving me, even if it was one seat. Had the same seat since 1997. I’m also now in a two with my dad & daughter directly behind us.

Whilst what you’re saying makes sense, I’d be properly pissed off if someone started moving me, even if it was one seat. Had the same seat since 1997. I’m also now in a two with my dad & daughter directly behind us.
I can understand the attachment to a seat. Emotional attachment, even though the logic that the seats would pretty much have the same view and other seat features. Personal buy in etc. Important.

Im not suggesting a seat would be switched for an inferior of materially different seat, e.g. end of row or even second from end wouldn't be valid for a switch.

Ive only thought this as i just bought 3 seats for me and 2 kids...and would have loved SWC, but had to go for second pref in the NEC. Dont get me wrong, as Im chuffed to bits with this, as 1st opportunity to have season ticket.

On the other hand. ...nice to have a few singles available in SWC for gen sale for those who want to drop in when they can.

Roll on next season anyway

I can understand the attachment to a seat. Emotional attachment, even though the logic that the seats would pretty much have the same view and other seat features. Personal buy in etc. Important.

Im not suggesting a seat would be switched for an inferior of materially different seat, e.g. end of row or even second from end wouldn't be valid for a switch.

Ive only thought this as i just bought 3 seats for me and 2 kids...and would have loved SWC, but had to go for second pref in the NEC. Dont get me wrong, as Im chuffed to bits with this, as 1st opportunity to have season ticket.

On the other hand. ...nice to have a few singles available in SWC for gen sale for those who want to drop in when they can.

Roll on next season anyway
Might work if the club asked if people would move. Can’t see anyone reacting kindly to being told they were moving, no matter how rational the reasoning is.

The implication though, is that some season ticket holders have not renewed and/or that some who bought part tickets have not renewed. The comparison is valid. If everyone who held at card of 26 May had renewed, we'd be sitting on ar least 33,500; we aren't,

Probably 500 are dead. I have renewed my box but not the three season tickets I have for family / friends - which will be done in the coming weeks. Not everybody is driven by early bird prices.

All indications are we will end up 3-4K up on last season and our average will be well into 40k plus. You’d have to be a real negative fucker to spin this adversely
The implication though, is that some season ticket holders have not renewed and/or that some who bought part tickets have not renewed. The comparison is valid. If everyone who held at card of 26 May had renewed, we'd be sitting on ar least 33,500; we aren't,
Those glory hunting dead folk are the worst

Last edited:
Who laughs at them? What's to laugh about? They sell 52k every single week don't they? Fair play to them
I wouldn’t say it’s every single week mind. Similar crowds to us, 4 years in league one they’d get similar crowds. They just would.

I wouldn’t say it’s every single week mind. Similar crowds to us, 4 years in league one they’d get similar crowds. They just would.

Would suggest they do sell out every home game tbf, fluctuations for away followings I guess?

Back