Sean Hughes RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

I loved it, even though it was a rip-off of It's Garry Shandling's Show (also RIP). Thanks to Shandling, Sean Hughes, and Reeves and Mortimer, for a while back then avant-garde TV comedy changed the landscape.

I used to watch that when I was a bairn (on a Sunday I think). I can still remember the theme tune, which is now stuck in my head!

Nice bloke. Often saw him in the park with his two dogs. My pooch was obsessed with his black one that wore a red neckerchief; it must have smelled nice!
We saw Sean do a stand-up show a few years back about the death of his father that was heart-rending, but funny at the same time. He was certainly a talent, and his anarchic stuff on Buzzcocks etc. was great.
RIP.

Remember really liking Seans show when it was on first, bought the dvd recently and its awful! Dunno if it was just the times or what but its aged really badly.

No age at all, he went to the same school as me in Dublin, few years ahead of me though
We watched one as a tribute to the lad when the news came through, you're right in that it's not aged well.

Saw him when I was a bit pissed before a 0-3 defeat at Crystal Palace (Breen sent off?) years ago and slurred "Hi Sean!" - he wasn't particularly friendly, even though given what we now know about the lad, he was probably as shit-faced as I was.

RIP to the bloke, a sad end.
On another note, Sean’s Show was the most excruciatingly bad piece of television I ever had the misfortune to watch (for all of ten minutes before I turned it off).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back