Seaham car park charging being introduced.

Slightly further to walk, but there's the contact centre car park. A short walk from that will bring you out at the bottom of Church Street, or the old Lloyds bank car park too. Both free (for now)

Wouldn’t be surprised if Asda introduce one of those systems where you need to present your ticket at the till to get your parking charge back.

They had a machine in my local Lidl where you scanned the barcode on your shopping receipt and put your reg number in to get the charge waived. People who hadn't shopped just picked a receipt off the floor or out of the bin at the self service checkouts and scanned that (not me like, I only had a bike).

Was talking about this last night to a friend who goes to Crimdon to walk the dog and she's said she'll just go to the Headland beach now which is what we intend to do.

The Seaham parking charges are just ridiculous, zero consideration for anyone as it was always their intention to raise money via car parking as was disclosed in the cabinet meeting when they got challenged about it.

Still find it "amusing" they are yet to disclose the cost of setting all this up, all at the time council tax has gone up

In terms of stupid decisions, this is up there with any of the worst.
I’ve lived in Seaham pretty much my whole life. I’ve seen it on its arse for decades after the pits shut. It was the butt of jokes. Rundown. A dump.
The last 15 years or so has seen it become an actual tourist destination with places to eat and drink. Almost unbelievable to us locals.
DCC are going to hoy all of this away, knacker businesses and take it back to the bloody Stone Age. All for greed. They asked the public for their views. 98% said no. They did it anyway.

In terms of stupid decisions, this is up there with any of the worst.
I’ve lived in Seaham pretty much my whole life. I’ve seen it on its arse for decades after the pits shut. It was the butt of jokes. Rundown. A dump.
The last 15 years or so has seen it become an actual tourist destination with places to eat and drink. Almost unbelievable to us locals.
DCC are going to hoy all of this away, knacker businesses and take it back to the bloody Stone Age. All for greed. They asked the public for their views. 98% said no. They did it anyway.
Councils do it all the time shooting the goose that laid the golden egg
Those councillors allowances have to paid for somehow

Back