Seaham Car Booty

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if he hangs onto the stuff, never uses it and stored it away in his loft for years he'll be better off? It's stuff he no longer needs or wants, so what's the point in keeping it? Would you keep a car that you no longer used or needed?
He's recovered some Money, but it's not profit unless the original cost is taken into account

Also, consider the time spent in the endeavour.

I have never seen the fascination with car boot sales, anyone ever bought owt decent at one?

Me dad got me a canny bose 321 system for £20 a few month back from batleys car boot.
He got a cat ornament for a couple of quid a few year back that he sold for 800 on eBay.

He's at them first thing most weekends. Been going for years and will buy anything he thinks he can make a few quid on.

He's recovered some Money, but it's not profit unless the original cost is taken into account

Also, consider the time spent in the endeavour.
I never mentioned profit, just money he wouldn't have if he'd not done the car boot sale.

So if he hangs onto the stuff, never uses it and stored it away in his loft for years he'll be better off? It's stuff he no longer needs or wants, so what's the point in keeping it? Would you keep a car that you no longer used or needed?

No, quite right to sell junk you don't need. Just pointing out it's not 'profit'.

I never mentioned profit, just money he wouldn't have if he'd not done the car boot sale.
The OP did. It's not all about you.

People are actually arguing over a car boot sale? Oh no, do people prefer to buy second-hand goods off of Ebay instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back