SD on Radio Newcastle on Thursday evening

Didn’t he also recently say that if he defaults on the loan, then the fans would get what they want anyhow. Now he is saying the Americans don’t want it

What do the fans want? Success isn’t it. It’s not all about him. Football fans are fickle if he had a real long term plan he felt he could deliver he would be mad to walk away, instead stand and prove them wrong

Didn’t he also recently say that if he defaults on the loan, then the fans would get what they want anyhow. Now he is saying the Americans don’t want it
There are so many holes and contradictions in his narrative that its pointless listening to anything he says.......he obviously forgets what he has said in the past and tries to cover with waffle ,this shows a great disrespect to the fans ashes treating us like idiots.

the Key thing is and I’ve seen @Grumpy Old Man mention it a few times over the last few days is the idea of ‘scaling down’ the club. That’s what they want. The money men don’t care. We want SAFC to win the prem. the vultures want the £££££.

we look at the table, they look at the balance.

When those in power look at the latter the only way is backwards
The downsizing was and is a necessary consequence of relegation to League 1. Failure to do that would have resulted in both a transfer embargo and probable administration. A League 1 team cannot sustain a Premier League cost base. Simple as that.

You don't see investment in management as a key part of deals?

I agree they will likely be disappointed, but it depends whether they were attached to the club or Donald. My guys wouldn't have invested in my company without me, that's pretty much par for the course that if you're hands off, you invest in both the company and it's key personnel.

why would successful businessmen come over for talks, attend a game, do due diligence and even setup a new company just to loan Sd a bit of spare change to them?

doesn’t make sense to me. Makes even less sense they’ll walk away just because Sd leaves

While he's on about "they're investing in me", did he not make a comment whilst the takeover/ investment speculation was going on regarding how he wasn't sure if the people coming in would want him and Methven? Could have sworn he did. If he did then that's yet another inconsistency, if they're investing in the management team surely there'd never have been a question of him not being wanted?

I'm sure he said he would stay on if he could

The downsizing was and is a necessary consequence of relegation to League 1. Failure to do that would have resulted in both a transfer embargo and probable administration. A League 1 team cannot sustain a Premier League cost base. Simple as that.
There’s downsizing it and there’s stripping it back to the stud though.

why would successful businessmen come over for talks, attend a game, do due diligence and even setup a new company just to loan Sd a bit of spare change to them?

doesn’t make sense to me. Makes even less sense they’ll walk away just because Sd leaves

You don't do everything remotely, it had to pass an eye test. You also want to get a feel for where it is now, and what it could be.

This fans chased me of nonsense is exactly that ! He could easily manage the response to his bonkers egotistical statement "I will go when I outstay my welcome" sic .....He could have said in response to the fans groups statement that he hears the fans frustration and acknowledge s it but he is half way through an investment plan and will ask the fans to let me see it through and then if the fans still want me to go I will!
But no he did not do that so my conclusion is it fits in with his plans to sell us asap and he will use the fans statement to salve his bruised ego ...... He will never admit his utter failure as owner of safc and will blame the fans.
If the yanks are only investing in him I think he will walk away from safc with the yanks support. And look for another club.....knowing our luck it will be a massive takeover of Newcastle...,but more likely Oxford or one of the London based premiership clubs......one thing is for sure he will not be leaving football!

The Americans are very successful businessmen. If they want the club they are more than capable of finding and implementing a management / football structure in place to run it for them.

This investing in current owners is bollocks imo
I agree to a point, but Ellis Short couldn't manage to put the right people in place to run it

You don't do everything remotely, it had to pass an eye test. You also want to get a feel for where it is now, and what it could be.

i agree, but time and costs on due diligence and why setup a company if they were just giving a small loan from their perspective? Doesn’t add up for me

Just pointing out that quite a few have mentioned our fans in a less than flattering light.
Make of that what you will.
I also assume that @Super Colin Todd has been inundated with apologies given he saw through these two chancers early doors but was met with a volley of abuse, probably by people who are now slagging them off as well.

Not one apology but i'm just glad this awful carpet ride has only lasted 2 seasons and not a decade!
I find it quite sad that someone would take pleasure in being right. Nobody knew either way how it would work out, so nobody saw through anyone. I suspect it was more a case of some looking for an opportunity to get into a controversial debate as that's what they get off on.

I did!

Last edited:
i agree, but time and costs on due diligence and why setup a company if they were just giving a small loan from their perspective? Doesn’t add up for me
You’re not missing anything mate. There is no way they weren’t involved in takeover planning. They did a very thorough due diligence which when completed should have led to a completed takeover. Then something changed

I am amazed how after a win and a draw he thinks we have turned the corner and automatic promotion is still achievable. PP’s record has shown me nothing to say this is likely even at the slightest, I think the stats show he has the worst ever manager win ratio, not to mention a terrible cup record where he was in a good position then went on to lose every one of them.

SP: You hear different stories, and one of those stories is that an offer came in but you wanted more money and turned that offer down. That hasn’t happened?

SD: Not a chance on this Earth. That’s categorically untrue. The process for their involvement was that we were close to concluding on another deal, and when their interest became known – which was substantially less than what we were looking at – we dropped it because we believed they were the right partner. I believe they are the right partner, but their preference was to invest and potentially further investment in the club, not own it. It was never a control transaction. Even if they had bought it, they wanted to leave the management team in place. So it’s unlikely that they will look to do anything, probably other than just depart when the deal is done.

🤯

Talk about a straight answer. He could be talking about one offer for the club or he could be talking about three.

Either way the idea that FPP would spend all that time and money on due diligence then jet 3000 miles to meet the non league football's greatest mind is beyond the realms of fantasy.

I find it quite sad that someone would take pleasure in being right. Nobody knew either way how it would work out, so nobody saw through anyone. I suspect it was more a case of some looking for an opportunity to get into a controversial debate as that's what they get off on.
Who’s taking pleasure in it? The point is on here if someone has an opinion that doesn’t fit in with the agenda the abuse kicks in.

Its not so long ago it was “the Don” and numerous photo opportunities on social media, chairing Sartori round Trafalgar Square etc.:oops:

Now the bloke wouldn’t dare show his face. Building people up whove done fuck all to merit it!

Who’s taking pleasure in it? The point is on here if someone has an opinion that doesn’t fit in with the agenda the abuse kicks in.

Its not so long ago it was “the Don” and numerous photo opportunities on social media, chairing Sartori round Trafalgar Square etc.:oops:

Now the bloke wouldn’t dare show his face. Building people up whove done fuck all to merit it!
However cringey that was it pales in comparison with that pic of you wearing a mag top!

Back