*~*~* Scunthorpe v Sunderland match thread *~*~*

Many have agreed that we are now an average division one side, unfortunately losing 3-0 to a team 3 places off the Conference is still an abysmal result for an average division one side, its tragic how far we have fallen. Players should hang their heads in shame tonight.

Parky video up on safc.com. I think he's missing the point, mainly. But interesting to hear that some players are carrying injuries. And incredible that Grigg missed tonight's game through illness and not, as we assumed, because Parky had finally given up on him.
Not sure a player has ever frustrated me more. Clearly very talented but he's currently a big part of our on pitch problems at the mo if you ask me.
At least he's playing as an 'impact sub' now. It's amazing and pitiful but I'm looking forward to Gooch displacing McGeady.

Last edited:
The sooner people realise that footballers nowadays don’t give a shit about the paying public the better. They have no pride in wearing the shirt, it is just a big payday for them. Shoot me down if you want but I blame sky for a lot of it. There is too much money in the game, average players are being paid a kings ransom and don’t give a toss. Gone are the days when players wore their hearts on the sleeve. Greed is the winner!

Just got home, a mercifully short trip for me. Possibly the worst result in our history given the standard of the opposition and a lad I spoke to reckoned that had changed half their side from the weekend?

Abysmal to a man. No movement when we had the ball, second to everything and like a team of strangers cobbled together half hour before kick off.

Frightening.

What was the reaction in the stands towards and at FT?

The sooner people realise that footballers nowadays don’t give a shit about the paying public the better. They have no pride in wearing the shirt, it is just a big payday for them. Shoot me down if you want but I blame sky for a lot of it. There is too much money in the game, average players are being paid a kings ransom and don’t give a toss. Gone are the days when players wore their hearts on the sleeve. Greed is the winner!

Have to disagree with you.
Seen plenty of teams that are not up for it and those that are.
Decent Managers get the right attitude players in and they give 100%.
We have one of these right now and will manage at a higher level.

Hang on a minute ,I keep getting told on here that he is the best player in League One :eek:
Useless c..t
No effort to tackle ,where is his pride in the shirt .
Counted at least 10 passes from him ,played forward on the attack ,that went to their players snuffing out any chance of a break.
Most skillful player ,my arse .
He is exactly like I thought he was before he joined us now, a flash in the pan show pony without an ounce of graft in his body, we need to find a way to play without the likes of him and Maguire, let them keep propping up the bar and the Ramside instead. Is there a softer left side in football than down our left, half decent wingers will be fighting to go up against these two ffs.(Mcgeady and Hume obviously)

Last edited:
Have to disagree with you.
Seen plenty of teams that are not up for it and those that are.
Decent Managers get the right attitude players in and they give 100%.
We have one of these right now and will manage at a higher level.
I respect your opinion but they aren’t his players, he inherited them and it must be hard to motivate players who are out of contract end of season and don’t give a shit. As I said earlier, all of this badge kissing means nowt it is all about money

I respect your opinion but they aren’t his players, he inherited them and it must be hard to motivate players who are out of contract end of season and don’t give a shit. As I said earlier, all of this badge kissing means nowt it is all about money

Can’t disagree if your players already have a poor attitude.
What is the solution another Manager and hope to get lucky short term.
In rarely works out.
You need a Manager in full control building his own team and getting rid of the rotten core. We had it at Swindon last season and Wellens got rid of the 5.
Totally different now and reckon you are in absolutely the same place. Just looks that way.
You will though come through it but it may take another season.

Can’t disagree if your players already have a poor attitude.
What is the solution another Manager and hope to get lucky short term.
In rarely works out.
You need a Manager in full control building his own team and getting rid of the rotten core. We had it at Swindon last season and Wellens got rid of the 5.
Totally different now and reckon you are in absolutely the same place. Just looks that way.
You will though come through it but it may take another season.
The players that are so obviously apathetic, and overweight, are showing a total lack of regard, for themselves, as professional footballers, for the manager, the supporters, and for the club that they're supposedly representing.
It's absolutely staggering, and a sad indication, of how far our club, and it's standards, have fallen, that the porkers, are allowed to play for our club, in their bloated condition. :evil:

Back