Scottish banknotes

Legal Tender is a much misunderstood term and doesn't mean what most people think it does

Small businesses will be more likely not to take them. Issue seems to be is that for some reason (when I worked in retail in England, not sure if its still the case now) Scottish notes needed to be banked separately from English notes. So big companies dealing with a lot of cash will have the time and resources to sort out the few Scottish notes, whereas a small business might not want the hassle.

I'm sure they have to take them don't they? It's legal tender, even if they do look like Monopoly money.
Just fyi, "Legal Tender" means - and only means - The stuff wot you can pay a debt in court with. It has zero to do with any person having to accept them.

Small businesses will be more likely not to take them. Issue seems to be is that for some reason (when I worked in retail in England, not sure if its still the case now) Scottish notes needed to be banked separately from English notes. So big companies dealing with a lot of cash will have the time and resources to sort out the few Scottish notes, whereas a small business might not want the hassle.
That note would get used in change first if it was me

Does anyone here who mostly pay with cash take Scottish notes from the cashier if you get one or would you ask to change it for an English note?

I've had a Scottish fiver before and there were some shops which wouldn't accept, so if I get given one I ask to change it. Card and cash user.
Racist

We had around 500 in notes. Won't say Scottish notes coz here they're just called notes. Was in Cyprus and tried to change them. The arsehole twunt tried to give us a worse rate than English coz our notes had Scotland on them. Told him he was a robbing **** and got chased out of the shop. Matt Damon to play me in the movie and TV spin offs please.

Back