Scottish banknotes

safcrob

Winger
Does anyone here who mostly pay with cash take Scottish notes from the cashier if you get one or would you ask to change it for an English note?

I've had a Scottish fiver before and there were some shops which wouldn't accept, so if I get given one I ask to change it. Card and cash user.

Does anyone here who mostly pay with cash take Scottish notes from the cashier if you get one or would you ask to change it for an English note?

I've had a Scottish fiver before and there were some shops which wouldn't accept, so if I get given one I ask to change it. Card and cash user.
Ye wee sassenach

Card only here and rarely carry cash.
I’ve not had a Scottish note for years and on the very rare occasion that I do, I’ve not been refused it as tender.

Never had an issue,they're all polymer notes now so look more legit than the old paper ones. If in doubt just hoy them in a self service till

I used cash for the first time in a while yesterday. I like to support a stray dog charity shop by giving old clothes and stuff to it. I usually buy off them as well even if I don't really want what I buy. They don't take cards so I need cash.
I bought off an outdoor market stall yesterday as well that was cash. I also gave some money to some young cadet soldiers for the British legion poppy collection. So I carry a couple of tenners with me but nearly always use card for everything else.

They are not legal tender but that means nowt anyway.

I've never had a problem in the NE but they can confuse people dawn souf.

Back