Scotland v Northern Ireland Kick Off 7.45pm BBC Scotland BBC Three BBC Two NI Viaplay Sports 1 BBC iPlayer BBC Sport Website

Jocks showing their class. Booing and whistling GSTK. (To be honest, personally I’d rather NI had our “own” national anthem and keep GSTK for GB events but that’s another thread altogether). I’ve been at international games of countries I wouldn’t have much love or respect for, but for the sake of courtesy I’ll at least stand and keep my trap shut when they’re flying their flag or singing their national anthem.

Irish boo GSTK, Welsh boo GSTK and so the Jocks so what's your point?

All love for each other when Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau, Amran Na Bhfiann or Flower of Scotland is playing, we just don't like the royals. Fuck King Charles.
Well done Northern Ireland.

Supports a Scottish team btw. Apparently.

Last edited:

Irish boo GSTK, Welsh boo GSTK and so the Jocks so what's your point?

All love for each other when Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau, Amran Na Bhfiann or Flower of Scotland is playing, we just don't like the royals. Fuck King Charles.

Supports a Scottish team btw. Apparently.
My point is that it shows a lack of common courtesy and respect to boo anyone’s national anthem. You’re just showing yourself up as a tit.

I’d an uncle injured during the Falklands war. I gave the Argentinian anthem its due deference and respect to its citizens attending the same rugby game as me in Dublin a few years ago. I also stood and gave similar respect to the soldiers song when it was played at the same venue for the same reason. Dispite my previous association of that same anthem with some Irish republicans who murdered a works colleague and badly injured another family member of mine in separate incidents.

If anyone should be booing GSTK, I’d say the Germans would maybe have more recent cause than many: yet they don’t. Maybe they’ve moved on a bit as life’s too short to be a bitter, chippy cretin.

My point is that it shows a lack of common courtesy and respect to boo anyone’s national anthem. You’re just showing yourself up as a tit.

I’d an uncle injured during the Falklands war. I gave the Argentinian anthem its due deference and respect to its citizens attending the same rugby game as me in Dublin a few years ago. I also stood and gave similar respect to the soldiers song when it was played at the same venue for the same reason. Dispite my previous association of that same anthem with some Irish republicans who murdered a works colleague and badly injured another family member of mine in separate incidents.

If anyone should be booing GSTK, I’d say the Germans would maybe have more recent cause than many: yet they don’t. Maybe they’ve moved on a bit as life’s too short to be a bitter, chippy cretin.

This.

Doesn't take two minutes just to have a bit of courtesy. An old boss of mine came to a NI game, Republican to the core.

Instead of booing an anthem, he decided not to take his seat until all anthems were out of the road. More respect for that than standing booing to be honest.

I've no truck for Charles or Camilla myself for what it's worth.

Anyway the Tartan Army spent most of the night booing what was on the pitch also.....

Question for the jocks. If you feel that strongly about the monarchy why don't you refuse the notes with the queens or kings head on it ,leave it here and fuck off back north of the border you hypocritical thistle arsed W⚓s?

This.

Doesn't take two minutes just to have a bit of courtesy. An old boss of mine came to a NI game, Republican to the core.

Yes because singing songs like fuck the IRA and 10 german bombers oozes of courtesy. Like give the fans a noble peace prize already.

Actually no, they're the worst culprits when it comes to discriminating other fanbases but they throw a tantrum when GSTK gets booed

Yes because singing songs like fuck the IRA and 10 german bombers oozes of courtesy. Like give the fans a noble peace prize already.

Actually no, they're the worst culprits when it comes to discriminating other fanbases but they throw a tantrum when GSTK gets booed

Campaign card holder near 10 years now at Windsor and I can't remember the last time Fuck The IRA was sung in the stands, but as you were.

Last time a couple of pissed up fellas tried getting something like that started it was shouted down very quickly.

Discriminating against other fanbases? Aye dead on - given visitors to Windsor are regularly on the piss with the NI support before and after international games, not a bit of hassle, getting a pretty loud response when they form up and sing their own songs on their way to the ground.

Chanting “fuck the ira” is crass and has no real place in a football stadium. However I doubt many, except some hard of learning individuals would lose sleep over any proscribed, illegal terrorist organisations getting grief from Joe Public. Fuck the IRA who left bombs in litter bins in Warrington that killed two school kids? Fuck the IRA who left no warning bombs in Birmingham pubs which murdered dozens of poor punters enjoying a night out? Absolutely. Same as fuck the UVF who slaughtered poor innocents in Dublin and elsewhere.
Anyway, the way this thread is now going, it’s got less to do with football and more an excuse for small and bitter minded individuals to jump in. I’m out. Good luck to you.

Question for the jocks. If you feel that strongly about the monarchy why don't you refuse the notes with the queens or kings head on it ,leave it here and fuck off back north of the border you hypocritical thistle arsed W⚓s?

She’s not coming back mate, not once she’s had Angus from Arbroath’s chucky.
Just get over her

She’s not coming back mate, not once she’s had Angus from Arbroath’s chucky.
Just get over her
Like I said W⚓. I've read some of your posts and it seems you drink around the same neck of the woods as myself sometimes. The fekkin silence was deafening from the likes of yourself when everyone was celebrating her 70 years on the throne. The silence from the likes of yourself was deafening when her funeral was going on. There's plenty drink in the pubs around here who are the offspring of jocks who came down to work in the yards who I've been mates with for decades. Ex squaddies amongst them. Funny how you've never let your feelings be known about it to anyone apart from behind your keyboard. Cowardly prick.

Like I said W⚓. I've read some of your posts and it seems you drink around the same neck of the woods as myself sometimes. The fekkin silence was deafening from the likes of yourself when everyone was celebrating her 70 years on the throne. The silence from the likes of yourself was deafening when her funeral was going on. There's plenty drink in the pubs around here who are the offspring of jocks who came down to work in the yards who I've been mates with for decades. Ex squaddies amongst them. Funny how you've never let your feelings be known about it to anyone apart from behind your keyboard. Cowardly prick.

😂
Who’s this booze laden fruitcake

Back