Scored a goal in only 3 of the last 15 games since the New Years game v Liverpool.

• Thread starter Deleted member 35145
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

They would, they both create for themselves or you not watched them?
With long balls pumped over the top, back to goal on the halfway line in Moyes system they would struggle. The job of the midfield is to give service to Defoe they dont do that which is why he isnt scoring.

With long balls pumped over the top, back to goal on the halfway line in Moyes system they would struggle. The job of the midfield is to give service to Defoe they dont do that which is why he isnt scoring.

That's what I said.
We haven't just lumped long balls anyway, far too much down the flanks and not enough through the middle mixing things up causing centre halves problems has been a huge factor for quite a number of seasons.

We went from M'Vila who was good at winning the ball back and just as capable picking out a positive forward pass, Kirchhoff who was fit at the time again could win the ball back and play simple passes and Cattermole to provide a bit of bite when needed to Larsson, Rodwell and Gibson, such a passive midfield three!

We've been unlucky with injuries to Cattermole and Kirchhoff (nobody was surprised though his injury history speaks for itself) but M'Vila should have been brought in, instead we paid considerably more for N'Dong who quite blatently isn't as good.

Despite needing one for seasons now we still failed in bringing an attacking minded midfielder to the club.

Just one chapter in a maze of total fuck ups that lead us to where we are now.

this is also true, although i tried to avoid the injured players as the injuries are (probably) not all down to the club...the need for that midfield flair type player has been obvious to every single supporter yet i cannot remember the club even being linked to a transfer that would solve the problem, a few names banded about but nothing that would make the fans sit up and take notice.

ndong imho has been one of the few players who has shown any real fight or eagerness on the pitch but the lad has a lot to learn yet...running around a lot is never the answer and i think he has shown some improvement but he was never the player we needed at the time.

'no ambition'

those two words sum it all up, from january last season there was a subtle but noticeable change in the team and it went on (what was for us), an excellent run improving as the season wore on.

in my mind the club should never have dithered over m'villa as he was the lynch pin in the side, solid at the back he helped us become a lot harder to break down, while a lot of his work passed many by he was instrumental in this run.

kaboul, the club should have agreed to let him leave in the january window, giving time to get a new partner 'bedded in' for kone...yedlin should also have been kept, while not convincing anyone in his first months he improved greatly (mainly due to the kone/kaboul partnership and the cover m'villa provided) yet those in charge deemed all 3 as expendable and more to the point did not replace them with equal or better quality players.

that shows the total and complete lack of ambition, from a team that was very much 'in form' to a team that could not win to save their lives.

Nailed it marra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back