Scored a goal in only 3 of the last 15 games since the New Years game v Liverpool.

• Thread starter Deleted member 35145
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 35145

This is now comparable to the 19 point season imo.

The patience shown towards Moyes has been incredible. His occasional digs at fans are unbelievable and show the man's arrogance. Astonishingly he seems to think he's too good for the club.

I cannot believe that the plan is for him to be in charge at the start of next season. I don't think it would ever have even occured to anyone to stick with Wilko.

Has there been ever been any comparable situation at any club?

A season in the Championship could potentially have some positives, but any optimism will be totally nullified if the dark cloud that is David Moyes is still looming over the club.

19, 15 point seasons, the 85 relegation and the drop to the third division are all comparable seasons

moyes position is now untenable

We show absolutely no ambition.

Burnley at home was deemed a 'must win' and he lined up with Larsson, Rodwell and Gibson in midfield. Ended 0-0. Leicester away was deemed must win, we tried desperately to hang onto a 0-0 draw and got picked off.

If you don't make an attempt to score goals you aren't going to win games, the tactics have been f***ing dross.

'no ambition'

those two words sum it all up, from january last season there was a subtle but noticeable change in the team and it went on (what was for us), an excellent run improving as the season wore on.

in my mind the club should never have dithered over m'villa as he was the lynch pin in the side, solid at the back he helped us become a lot harder to break down, while a lot of his work passed many by he was instrumental in this run.

kaboul, the club should have agreed to let him leave in the january window, giving time to get a new partner 'bedded in' for kone...yedlin should also have been kept, while not convincing anyone in his first months he improved greatly (mainly due to the kone/kaboul partnership and the cover m'villa provided) yet those in charge deemed all 3 as expendable and more to the point did not replace them with equal or better quality players.

that shows the total and complete lack of ambition, from a team that was very much 'in form' to a team that could not win to save their lives.

'no ambition'

those two words sum it all up, from january last season there was a subtle but noticeable change in the team and it went on (what was for us), an excellent run improving as the season wore on.

in my mind the club should never have dithered over m'villa as he was the lynch pin in the side, solid at the back he helped us become a lot harder to break down, while a lot of his work passed many by he was instrumental in this run.

kaboul, the club should have agreed to let him leave in the january window, giving time to get a new partner 'bedded in' for kone...yedlin should also have been kept, while not convincing anyone in his first months he improved greatly (mainly due to the kone/kaboul partnership and the cover m'villa provided) yet those in charge deemed all 3 as expendable and more to the point did not replace them with equal or better quality players.

that shows the total and complete lack of ambition, from a team that was very much 'in form' to a team that could not win to save their lives.

We went from M'Vila who was good at winning the ball back and just as capable picking out a positive forward pass, Kirchhoff who was fit at the time again could win the ball back and play simple passes and Cattermole to provide a bit of bite when needed to Larsson, Rodwell and Gibson, such a passive midfield three!

We've been unlucky with injuries to Cattermole and Kirchhoff (nobody was surprised though his injury history speaks for itself) but M'Vila should have been brought in, instead we paid considerably more for N'Dong who quite blatently isn't as good.

Despite needing one for seasons now we still failed in bringing an attacking minded midfielder to the club.

Just one chapter in a maze of total fuck ups that lead us to where we are now.

'no ambition'

He then sold PVA, one of the few players who created problems, and replaced him with Oviedo, who is an absolute disgrace at this level

I do believe Moyes thinks he is better than this because

- considered good enough to manage man united
- he has managed the forth most premiership wins

Players clearly cannot stand him, fans turning against him. Cannot see him lasting much longer

It is worse than the 15pt season in many ways the club is on a similar downward spiral led by Dour Dave and his his woe is me demeanour. It is criminal that we have one of the best forwards in the country and cant score a goal.
The club needs a rocket up its arse to save it like Keane and Quinn last time. Sadly i cant see it happening.

It is worse than the 15pt season in many ways the club is on a similar downward spiral led by Dour Dave and his his woe is me demeanour. It is criminal that we have one of the best forwards in the country and cant score a goal.
The club needs a rocket up its arse to save it like Keane and Quinn last time. Sadly i cant see it happening.

Season upon season we have had a central midfield with little creativity and next to no goals in their game.
If you simply take away his supply, Defoe is a spectator.

Season upon season we have had a central midfield with little creativity and next to no goals in their game.
If you simply take away his supply, Defoe is a spectator.
Indeed he doesnt have a hope in this team he has to make everything himself.

Something he can't do.
What do you suggest? He is the only one on the pitch who looks like scoring and has managed 14 in an awful team which is very creditable. The managers stupid 433 system doesnt help, we just pump up long ballls to him, the midfield doesnt chip in with any goals it is not his fault that we are in bother.

What do you suggest? He is the only one on the pitch who looks like scoring and has managed 14 in an awful team which is very creditable. The managers stupid 433 system doesnt help, we just pump up long ballls to him, the midfield doesnt chip in with any goals it is not his fault that we are in bother.

No one looks like scoring, not even him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back