School removing disabled children from photos

One of the things about looking back at old school group photos is remembering everybody in your class or year. If some kids have been removed that has to sully the memory. Surely it's not what anybody would want.
This is so callous I find it hard to believe. They actually sent out the proofs and said you have the option to remove the disabled kids, if you prefer? What a world we live in.

It's one of those things you read and think why the fuck would you even offer this. Not just appalling but doesn't even make sense, like anyone is looking at the kids pictures and thinking that poor disabled kid is ruining this? Mental behaviour.

Tempest are massive in school and university photography contracts. They've got a lot of explaining to do.
Your spelling of “were” leaves a lot to be desired.
I wish our school had offered this. I’d have stuck my hand up to be removed every year.

The law removed a couple of kids in our year though but bob.

Last edited:
Outrageous that.

It's up there with when certain posters on here used to call people '*****' as in Mongoloid/Downs Syndrome - I knew one poster who had a Downs child - it must break their parents hearts.
Thankfully it's no more.

It's up there with when certain posters on here used to call people '*****' as in Mongoloid/Downs Syndrome - I knew one poster who had a Downs child - it must break their parents hearts.
Thankfully it's no more.
Bit different still. Lots of terms come from something awful but end up used for a different meaning. Doesn't mean it's right if course but I'd hazard a guess most people using terms like ****, spastic, retard etc aren't actually attempting to be inflammatory to disabled people even though that's where the terms originated.

They are basically calling someone a moron. Not defending it but this here is far worse because they have highlighted the disabled kids and tried to market them as something awful that should be deleted. So this is much worse imo.

A little different, but my lad is in the school track team and is in a wheelchair (he has a racing chair for track and basically races the clock as he’s the only one in his category in our area). End of last season, school arranged the team photo for after a practice and didn’t wait for him to get there - he has a lot to get sorted after practice, getting changed, transferring chairs, getting across school - so they took the photo without him. His mam raised merry hell, but they said they couldn’t reschedule a retake to include him. In the end they said they’d take a pic of him and photoshop him in to the main pic - we got the pic and they’d added him halfway up the bleachers/steps in his wheelchair. It looked absolutely ridiculous. No idea if only we got that version and everyone else got the team shot without the stair defying wheelchair kid.

A little different, but my lad is in the school track team and is in a wheelchair (he has a racing chair for track and basically races the clock as he’s the only one in his category in our area). End of last season, school arranged the team photo for after a practice and didn’t wait for him to get there - he has a lot to get sorted after practice, getting changed, transferring chairs, getting across school - so they took the photo without him. His mam raised merry hell, but they said they couldn’t reschedule a retake to include him. In the end they said they’d take a pic of him and photoshop him in to the main pic - we got the pic and they’d added him halfway up the bleachers/steps in his wheelchair. It looked absolutely ridiculous. No idea if only we got that version and everyone else got the team shot without the stair defying wheelchair kid.

That's shite that mind, ffs.

One of the most horrendous errors a company could make.

It’s a disgusting feature to offer.

I do wonder if the next generation are less offended by these sorts of things though. They’re growing up in a time with these phones that take pictures that can be edited to become what you wish the photo was and not what was captured in the actual moment.

Confuses the hell out of me, but they are looking for flawless images that match their perception of reality.

Back