School removing disabled children from photos

People that are annoted at disabled children being photoshopped out of photos are "Karens"? :eek:
I inow its great to be outraged but im running with the genuine error till told otherwise.

Likely various groups etc gave as an option, not “delete the disabled kids”. Turning into the boards Piers Morgan the op.

It was the photos company that made the offer, the school were unaware. They were appalled upon learning it, not sure what Ofsted can do about it.

I get that. In terms of strict liability you could level due diligence at the school although I did originally think this was a school decision so you have a point.

Having watched the article on bbc news, I would have thought it will will be down to the individual photographer, rather than a company decision. Surely like someone said earlier the school sign off the photos.

Got me thinking though, one of the kids edited out was in a wheel chair and they were referred to as 'children with complex needs''. So were the two kids concerned, placed on the end for photo shopping purposes? Or did he do one shot with them in and then a second with them 'removed'. If they were, there will have been a teaching assistant or teacher who took them out of the group shot. Surely they've been photo shopped out.

Still can't believe the photographer thought this would be a good option for the other parents. Never mind the actual children removed from the photo but these are their classmates, who they'll learn and play with each day. Other parents will know these kids and probably had them to birthday parties despite their 'complex needs' I just don't know what the photographer was thinking. Nowt queerer than folk!

That's horrific and I can understand them being furious and upset by the decision.

There was a disabled girl in my son's primary school who struggled with walking. She was sometimes in a wheelchair or sometimes used a walker depending on how she was doing that day. All the bairns were fiercely protective of her and tried to include her as much as they could.

I knew she'd been working on walking and was improving. They did a infants school nativity when my son and the girl were in Year 2. The usual singing songs and dressing up as the characters. They got to the bit where the star rose above the stable, and the girl slowly walked onto the stage holding a big star on a stick and stood in the centre grinning her head off. It was one of the most beautiful moments I've ever seen and there wasn't a dry eye in the hall. My son is 27 now and that moment has stayed will me all this time.

It's heart breaking thinking bairns like that are should be hidden away. I thought we'd moved on from shit like that.

Back