Scandi noir/drama recommendations/discussion

When's it out like? Been out the Scandi Drama/Thrillers for about a year, need to catch up.....

Sunday 22 October on Play and the following Sunday on the telly.

I don't know if the series is any good but I like the look of it. And I don't know either when it could be broadcast in the UK or elsewhere.

So pretty useless answers, sorry about that.

Don't know how I missed Bordertown (Sorjonen) before, but catching up on it, half way through Season 2.

Also 4 or 5 episodes into Springfloden, which I kind of like, but went a little strange when the police asked a circus knife throwing bloke to go check out a case for them 🤔

Just finished Grey Zone which I don’t think has been mentioned on this thread. 2018, 10 episodes, Amazon Prime. Really good and featuring Birgitte Hjort Sørensen (journalist on Borgen). An air of The Bridge about it with Swedish/Danish cop collaboration. 9/10 from me.

Watch Greyzone Series 1 | Prime Video

Binged Dear Child yesterday, very interesting story which seems simple at first but grows in complexity as it progresses. Some of the acting was a bit ropey though, but despite that I liked the fact that the whole series (only 6 episodes) was spent on the escapees rather than the search for the perp

Just watched the first series, it is great

It is a bit of a strange one isn't. I can't describe which genre it is apart from making me feel nice and warm inside this time of year. Guess the series is just full of good, old-fashioned hygge.
For those who don't know it yet:

Also found this. By the sound of the comments below the clip it is getting quite popular in the UK. :)

Last edited:
Don't know how I missed Bordertown (Sorjonen) before, but catching up on it, half way through Season 2.

Also 4 or 5 episodes into Springfloden, which I kind of like, but went a little strange when the police asked a circus knife throwing bloke to go check out a case for them 🤔
Looking on IMDB for Bordertown (Sorjonen) , can only find it as a movie ?
EDIT: found it tx.

Last edited:

Back