Scandi noir/drama recommendations/discussion

It is a bit of a strange one isn't. I can't describe which genre it is apart from making me feel nice and warm inside this time of year. Guess the series is just full of good, old-fashioned hygge
we've talked about this before, but its such a great winter (spring?) show to watch, its been my danish tv of choice the last three winters, rationing myself to to -2-3 seasons a year. suspect the english sub version will drop in the summer though and there's no way i'm waiting around to find out how things end this time... need to know what happens to uwe & amanda! i noticed that Rosalinde Mynster was at the premier last week, im assuming there as a guest not as an indication to say she's moved from the Kings Road in Jesmond... ;)

It is a bit of a strange one isn't. I can't describe which genre it is apart from making me feel nice and warm inside this time of year. Guess the series is just full of good, old-fashioned hygge.
For those who don't know it yet:

Also found this. By the sound of the comments below the clip it is getting quite popular in the UK. :)

Its across between Upstairs Downstairs, All creatures Great and Small and Fawlty Towers

we've talked about this before, but its such a great winter (spring?) show to watch, its been my danish tv of choice the last three winters, rationing myself to to -2-3 seasons a year. suspect the english sub version will drop in the summer though and there's no way i'm waiting around to find out how things end this time... need to know what happens to uwe & amanda! i noticed that Rosalinde Mynster was at the premier last week, im assuming there as a guest not as an indication to say she's moved from the Kings Road in Jesmond... ;)

Saying nothing. :)

How far into the series have you reached ? Is series nine available in the UK ?

Its across between Upstairs Downstairs, All creatures Great and Small and Fawlty Towers

:lol: That's quite good.

How's badehotellet 10 going?

Wonderfully well. Episode four was aired last night and it keeps up the standard nicely. Quite a few things to be packed into the final five episodes if they want to wrap up all the loose ends but am very hopeful they will. Hr. Weyse and hr. Madsen ditched the wives and got drunk last night and had a jolly good sing-a-long at the piano. The scenes the morning after amused me no end. Am going to miss the series when it ends.

How’s the series been?

For me, the best one yet.

Hr. Weyse continues to crack me up. You know how he knocks on a door almost impossibly fast ? Well he did so again in the episode last night and the following scene in the room had me pause the episode and watch the scene again. It was very funny. He is just so wonderfully theatrical.

I have a clear idea now how it might all end on Sunday and I wouldn't mind being right as that would be a fine finish to the entire series. It is leading up to a good finish that's for sure.

You are in for a treat.

Fantastic! Can’t wait! ☺️😍

Before I forget again. Been meaning to tell you about Netflix's coming series remake of the Department Q movies that we talked about last year.

They have cast Matthew Goode (@Goat Eyes :cool:) as Carl Mørck. And moved the settings from Copenhagen to Edinburgh. Filming has already begun but I don't think a date has been set yet for when the series will be up for streaming.

Before I forget again. Been meaning to tell you about Netflix's coming series remake of the Department Q movies that we talked about last year.
I’d seen that the second ulrich thomsen dept q movie had been made, and poss released your side… the Marco Effect has pretty poor reviews on imdb, did you ever watch it/worth watching?

Meant to mention I’ve been watching Dark on Netflix, the German stranger things time travel story that I’m really enjoying… some actors appear in various roles & im half way through the last series when I catch a side glance of one guy (quick google), and it’s the same actor who plays Uwe in badehotellet… he spent the previous two series dressed up at a transvestite prostitute who looked nothing like his beach hotel character! :lol:

Back