Save Seaburn

One is not plural.

“Councillors voted to approve the scheme by seven votes in favour to one against.”
Have you seen it?

Possibly get away with it on the Quayside.

Five years of rusted shipping containers

Am gonna mock it up for you. Hang on.

I'm a glass half full person and think the container idea is awful. Its been described as a temporary measure. If that is so why not just get developers in to do the permanent development? This is a prime site, why do we need to have temporary measure while waiting for something better. I believe you may work for the council so may have an idea of why this is. I'm not trying to be awkward I just can't for the life of me think why we need temporary solutions down there.

One opposite the Tyneside Cinema on Pilgrim St too. Same as Boxpark in E. London.
That's OK in urban areas but on a beautiful stretch of coastline? Really?

I'm a glass half full person and think the container idea is awful. Its been described as a temporary measure. If that is so why not just get developers in to do the permanent development? This is a prime site, why do we need to have temporary measure while waiting for something better. I believe you may work for the council so may have an idea of why this is. I'm not trying to be awkward I just can't for the life of me think why we need temporary solutions down there.

That's OK in urban areas but on a beautiful stretch of coastline? Really?

The problem is mate, the locals are a nightmare to deal with. As I posted earlier, at one meeting they voted to grass the whole area rather than see the land developed.

The containers are a temporary measure whilst Siglion and co work with NIMBYs.

Last edited:
The problem is mate, the locals are a nightmare to deal with. As I posted earlier, at one meeting they voted to grass the whole area rather than see the land developed.

The containers are a temporary measure whilst Siglion and co work with NIMBYs.
I understand what you are saying but it seems such a crap temporary measure - containers on what is beautiful stretch is a bit tragic. Deal with the problem I would have thought.

I understand what you are saying but it seems such a crap temporary measure - containers on what is beautiful stretch is a bit tragic. Deal with the problem I would have thought.

The NIMBYs are currently up in arms over 2 trees mate - which is delaying the build of a car park.

In an ideal world, Siglion could push ahead with the permanent development, but realistically it could be two /three years away.

Back