Save Seaburn

Our sea front is absolutely beautiful and a lovely place to visit all year round , we’ve just been for a walk down there this morning and stopped for something to eat before going home. You’re absolutely spoiled for choice for coffee stops , food and drink .
I went through to shields the other week for a change and although they have a beautiful beach there’s not really a lot along the beach front and what there is looks quite run down . There were plenty of people about , lots of dog walkers but not many places to get a coffee or food . Unlike Roker and Seaburn this morning where all the cafes etc were busy because they’re right by the beach.
I did enjoy the air show but I honestly think it had had its day , we had a few years when it was pretty much written off by the weather and all the effort they put in was for nothing.
The event that I would absolutely love to see return would be the Tall Ships race , it was a fantastic few days and that brought huge crowds.
Where did ya go to eat ?

Our sea front is absolutely beautiful and a lovely place to visit all year round , we’ve just been for a walk down there this morning and stopped for something to eat before going home. You’re absolutely spoiled for choice for coffee stops , food and drink .
I went through to shields the other week for a change and although they have a beautiful beach there’s not really a lot along the beach front and what there is looks quite run down . There were plenty of people about , lots of dog walkers but not many places to get a coffee or food . Unlike Roker and Seaburn this morning where all the cafes etc were busy because they’re right by the beach.
I did enjoy the air show but I honestly think it had had its day , we had a few years when it was pretty much written off by the weather and all the effort they put in was for nothing.
The event that I would absolutely love to see return would be the Tall Ships race , it was a fantastic few days and that brought huge crowds.
The Tall Ships was class like. Such a good friendly atmosphere with people from far and wide wandering round the place.

The World Cup was 2018 the Tall ships was 2017.
Tall Ships July 2018

Last edited:
Was down there on Bank Holiday after New Year and was pleasantly surprised by the Tram Shelter renovation I had previously complained about. It had been done sympathetically and retained a bench for people to sit on while sheltering from the rain.

The promenade cycle path makes no sense though. I didn't see a single cyclist or e-scooter using it to justify narrowing the road.

Was down there on Bank Holiday after New Year and was pleasantly surprised by the Tram Shelter renovation I had previously complained about. It had been done sympathetically and retained a bench for people to sit on while sheltering from the rain.

The promenade cycle path makes no sense though. I didn't see a single cyclist or e-scooter using it to justify narrowing the road.

they haven't actually narrowed the road. they dug up the shared bit of the cycle path, basically removed it

Got no e-scooter rental in Sunderland so illegal 🙁

If we had the weather Greece gets the place would be heaving every day

I complained about it but would never admit on here I was wrong

Would like to see more pop up events like Summer Streets. The area can support lower volumes of footfall and has the capability to arrange a safe and enjoyable community type vibe events. Agree the airshow has seen its day. The council simply don’t now have the skills and competencies needed to prepare, deliver and make a sucess of such a large event. The triathlon is about their limit. Need a partner organisation to take up most of the risk and costs. Hope all the new businesses are still there in 5 years, only time will tell.

Back