Save Seaburn

That is a load of bollocks, the person who started the campaign does not even live near the Miller Homes estate...
Didn't the original Seaburn Redevelopment campaign get hijacked by the anti-Miller lot who were only interested in one thing. Save Seaburn then had to be set up for them as a splinter group. Save seaburn was Miller and Miller only.

I came off Save Seaburn as it was impossible to debate with anyone.

Didn't the original Seaburn Redevelopment campaign get hijacked by the anti-Miller lot who were only interested in one thing. Save Seaburn then had to be set up for them as a splinter group. Save seaburn was Miller and Miller only.

They’ve saved Seaburn Bob, part of that plan was allowing Avant to build 82 houses without so much as a whimper.

eh?? What splinter group? SaveSeaburn is SaveSeaburn, those who founded it still leading it, nothing was hijacked.
They’ve saved Seaburn Bob, part of that plan was allowing Avant to build 82 houses without so much as a whimper.
yes because 82 Avant Houses is far better than 450 Siglion houses

and the fact that the sewage and drainage system is not fit for such a development.

sorry to barge in but that is a load of nonsense, unless someone was going to offer a massive backhander to NWL and the planning department. i work in this sector, and getting planning permission to tie new drainage into existing is a f***ing nightmare. even to add a 4" foul drain into 24" main takes an almighty amount of bending over backwards and begging. there is no way in gods earth NWL would allow a new housing development to pass planning if the drainage network wasnt able to handle the capacity 3 fold. plus, surface water drainage (i.e anything rain that hits the roof, or the roads etc..) is completely separated and managed on its own, and there is a git big ocean about 100 yards away to discharge into.

But we still have The Stack with less than 7 years on their lease and a knacker car park next door. The car park will be a few commercial units with flats above in a few years. Couldn’t give a fuck what fatty Miller said a year or two ago, it’s the only realistic option.

But we still have The Stack with less than 7 years on their lease and a knacker car park next door. The car park will be a few commercial units with flats above in a few years. Couldn’t give a fuck what fatty Miller said a year or two ago, it’s the only realistic option.
dream on....

eh?? What splinter group? SaveSeaburn is SaveSeaburn, those who founded it still leading it, nothing was hijacked.

Might have been called something else. I remember another group being set up but I got booted from it as a Miller 'supporter's. I remember you all getting groomed by the anti-council right wing brigade. Sunderland for Transprency lot. Saw you as easy pickings following your planning disappointments.

Might have been called something else. I remember another group being set up but I got booted from it as a Miller 'supporter's. I remember you all getting groomed by the anti-council right wing brigade. Sunderland for Transprency lot. Saw you as easy pickings following your planning disappointments.
Sunderland for Transparency??? Not sure if they would back a campaign led by a foreigner....

He’s full of shite mate.

Was the original plan 450 homes or 279 (including 40 which would be the hotel) - therefore c. 240 homes but mostly apartments. On those plans there looks to be more than 100,000ft2 of leisure albeit it’s not defined but it wouldn’t at that stage of the masterplan.

Presumably the 450 homes is referenced from an earlier masterplan than the one you linked?

That made me properly laugh out loud! Yup, they actually do take themselves that seriously!

@Wilfy & @Boris Bear - is that camp real estate "expert" who sends video messages from his home in the south of France still spouting his attention-seeking and factually-inaccurate rubbish?

Back