Save Seaburn

So why did you campaign against Miller Homes?
That is a completely different matter. The campaign against Siglion’s plans was focussed on the seafront and the right balance between residential and leisure use. Siglion wanted the whole of the seafront taken up by 5 storey residential buildings with little leisure use. Their initial plans consisted of 450 residential dwellings. We got that down to the 82 Avant Homes and now have much more leisure (The Stack, Seaburn Inn, etc). That campaign started in 2015.
The campaign against Miller Homes started many years later and has nothing to do with Siglion. That campaign was mainly based on the loss of green space and the fact that the sewage and drainage system is not fit for such a development. I agree that the campaign against Miller Homes can be perceived by some as just some NIMBYS protecting their view. And for some that may have been so, but for most (including myself) it was about the loss of green space. The Miller Homes estate does not affect my view at all.

That is a completely different matter. The campaign against Siglion’s plans was focussed on the seafront and the right balance between residential and leisure use. Siglion wanted the whole of the seafront taken up by 5 storey residential buildings with little leisure use. Their initial plans consisted of 450 residential dwellings. We got that down to the 82 Avant Homes and now have much more leisure (The Stack, Seaburn Inn, etc). That campaign started in 2015.
The campaign against Miller Homes started many years later and has nothing to do with Siglion. That campaign was mainly based on the loss of green space and the fact that the sewage and drainage system is not fit for such a development. I agree that the campaign against Miller Homes can be perceived by some as just some NIMBYS protecting their view. And for some that may have been so, but for most (including myself) it was about the loss of green space. The Miller Homes estate does not affect my view at all.
MAttyW I wouldn't bother explaining your self to the trumpian buffoons
Golden rule
Never apologise and never explain

Back