Save Seaburn

No bad idea. Put a bar in it and it's actually quite a fun activity. They rebranded bowls in Australia a few years ago now all ages play and you can have a drink while doing it. Not sure it would be as popular indoors as outside in the sun mind.
Indoor is a great game Bob. Back in the day Sunderland had a strong team (and it was right next to the bar in the leisure centre).

Indoor is a great game Bob. Back in the day Sunderland had a strong team (and it was right next to the bar in the leisure centre).

The only issue is that it’s an expensive facility to build with little in the way of income to support it, as I understand that it’s difficult to have multiple uses for the space. Don’t think it’s a bad suggestion particularly if it was of regional significance and can also address a number of the councils other objectives such as loneliness and mental health.

The only issue is that it’s an expensive facility to build with little in the way of income to support it, as I understand that it’s difficult to have multiple uses for the space. Don’t think it’s a bad suggestion particularly if it was of regional significance and can also address a number of the councils other objectives such as loneliness and mental health.
We want a bowling green at any cost man.

Aye it's actually a great game to play. But does have the reputation of being an oldiewonks game here. It did in Aus too before rebranding itself.
We had a great Sunderland under 25s team when I was a lad
Saw a great one down south that was used alongside an archery club and a bridge club.

Last edited:
I think you could be right. The only way to service the leisure that’s there currently is to increase the number of people living on the doorstep of it. Saying that, 300 houses will only be probably 600-700 adults with spare income to spend. Say 10% go out of an evening, that’s still only 60-70 people. The Stack, if done right, could become a destination venue as The Palm has. I honestly don’t know how much footfall they can bring to the area by building more leisure.
Where's The Palm? Only one I know of is Dubai!

Agreed mate. If the stack is done well like these pop up food stalls/bars and bucket and spade shops in the summer it will be a success but only to cost of other business, it will have to be run exceptionally well to become a destination venue, different stuff on every weekend and advertised well.
I notice even the palm has changed half a dozen times in the last 10 year. One of the boozers on the site as already changed name since it opened (the nightclub bit iirc). But tbf it’s good to see them trying on the front and private investment will only come with more footfall.

Think it’s changed twice ? Liberty brown originally just downstairs , then Dr Feelgoods upstairs was opened. More recently the whole building was split into 4 distinct zones / venues which has proved really popular.

Think it’s changed twice ? Liberty brown originally just downstairs , then Dr Feelgoods upstairs was opened. More recently the whole building was split into 4 distinct zones / venues which has proved really popular.
I did New Years there last year it was expensive but really good, but someone mentioned a name incorporated within the 4 last week which was not one of the original 4. Might be my cloth ears like.

Back