Save Seaburn

I know what salt means, I don't understand how that's got anything to do with me correcting lols to lulz ?

I'm presuming you're one of the dullards I see when I visit the Rosedene ? It's gone right down hill
So let’s get this straight, you jump in a convo between me and someone else who mentions lols, you say it’s lulz, I say its salts? You don’t understand a word I’m saying? Then you say the rosedene has gone downhill?

Okay mate it must be true if your saying!!! Helmet

I used to live in Argyle square.
Do you reckon it was beautiful back in the day?
Quite a few druggies when I lived there, including me I suppose
I don’t think he’s saying that tbf. And your user name gives the game away you balloon

Class weekend at the twin resorts but the shitty bit needs tidying up, I suggest they build some bars, cafes and restaurants along the front and hoy some houses behind, job done.
We were down for the day yesterday.

Beach is spot on but it is a right mess.

Not enough parking, a boarded up leisure centre, trees covered in nets, vast areas of tarmac and a three piece fairground.

Nowt to spend any money on bar fish n chips.

The worst I've seen it in my memory tbh.

We were down for the day yesterday.

Beach is spot on but it is a right mess.

Not enough parking, a boarded up leisure centre, trees covered in nets, vast areas of tarmac and a three piece fairground.

Nowt to spend any money on bar fish n chips.

The worst I've seen it in my memory tbh.
Hope our friends at siglion are reading this because they think there will be ample parking when the new development is done and it will be even more popular
when I was speaking to the chief exec at the first presentation he was adamant that 89 spaces were enough
They have done studies that show.....

Hope our friends at siglion are reading this because they think there will be ample parking when the new development is done and it will be even more popular
when I was speaking to the chief exec at the first presentation he was adamant that 89 spaces were enough
They have done studies that show.....
89 spaces? People just won't bother if they can't get parked. The car parks have been rammed every time I've been down on a fine day.

So let’s get this straight, you jump in a convo between me and someone else who mentions lols, you say it’s lulz, I say its salts? You don’t understand a word I’m saying? Then you say the rosedene has gone downhill?

I don’t think he’s saying that tbf. And your user name gives the game away you balloon
Username is a reference to my heading prowess marra.

I reckon it would have been for very wealthy people when it was built. Would love to be able to go back in time and walk around Sunderland in about 1900.
Aye, that’s what I think.
I bet when they were built, these big houses in a beautiful gated road, the very wealthiest of Sunderland would have lived there.
I wonder how the downfall came, as when I lived there in 92 there were quite a few wronguns about.
When I lived in Ealing, London, we lived in a similar street, once huge family homes, divided up into several flats, however the street was still exclusive.

Last edited:
Is that including the big car park behind the Seaburn centre? Or is that being redeveloped too?

That's getting redeveloped as well (hopefully).

89 spaces? People just won't bother if they can't get parked. The car parks have been rammed every time I've been down on a fine day.

89 is perhaps a little low, but I'd hate to see prime land given to a car park. Although a balance needs to be found, I rather have less cars down the seafront.

Last edited:
Is that including the big car park behind the Seaburn centre? Or is that being redeveloped too?

Plan to have 186 new car park spaces starting with a minimum of 93 on the new site behind martinos fronting into dykelands - probably would be well underway if people hadn’t chained themselves to trees

I’ve never seen the public pay to use car park behind the fairground full , think a lot of people expect to park in Morrison’s free and that’s where the congestion happens. The car parking analysis carried out backs this up , even on bank holidays that car park has never been fully occupied

Last edited:
Plan to have 186 new car park spaces starting with a minimum of 93 on the new site behind martinos fronting into dykelands - probably would be well underway if people hadn’t chained themselves to trees

I’ve never seen the public pay to use car park behind the fairground full , think a lot of people expect to park in Morrison’s free and that’s where the congestion happens. The car parking analysis carried out backs this up , even on bank holidays that car park has never been fully occupied
Is that why the trees are covered in nets?

Exactly

186 spaces is nothing
I might be wrong but I think the free council car park that's going is for 300 cars and it's rammed to overflowing on a decent day
Morrisons car park is restricted to 3 hours
My point is that the back Morrisons car park is hardly used so why not have that back as council free car park and make proper provision
The car parking in future is going to be a disaster leading to permits

Last edited:
Exactly

186 spaces is nothing
I might be wrong but I think the free council car park that's going is for 300 cars and it's rammed to overflowing on a decent day
Morrisons car park is restricted to 3 hours
My point is that the back Morrisons car park is hardly used so why not have that back as council free car park and make proper provision
The car parking in future is going to be a disaster leading to permits

I think they already have permits on streets down there like queens avenue ? The analysis of the council car park neighbouring Morrison’s (is it free ? Never parked there) was done on Easter and August bank holiday weekends and at no point was it full. I’m absolutely certain if I went down there now I could get parked in it - I actually need some laundry tablets so may go on a little checking mission and report back.

I think they already have permits on streets down there like queens avenue ? The analysis of the council car park neighbouring Morrison’s (is it free ? Never parked there) was done on Easter and August bank holiday weekends and at no point was it full. I’m absolutely certain if I went down there now I could get parked in it - I actually need some laundry tablets so may go on a little checking mission and report back.
Don't have permits in queens avenue
Re car park Depends on the weather
I bet they chose a Crap day for the survey
On a nice day you would never get in the free car park
In morrisons overflow car park no bother but it's a 3 hour limit
Ifs going to be so popular 160 odd places is no way near enough

Don't have permits in queens avenue
Re car park Depends on the weather
I bet they chose a Crap day for the survey
On a nice day you would never get in the free car park
In morrisons overflow car park no bother but it's a 3 hour limit
Ifs going to be so popular 160 odd places is no way near enough

The did surveys over various days and as I mentioned included Easter weekend and the August bank holiday , think traffic management is a more pressing issue than parking tbh

Are you being purposely dull for comic effect ? I corrected the poster who used the incorrect 'lolz', the correct spelling is 'lulz' - I didn't 'jump into a convo'

I've frequented the Rosedene for over 40 years, its at or near its lowest ebb right now, bloody awful - you of course may prefer the smell of gravy and stale food with your drinks, dull poseurs propping up the bar and no end of scruffs and riff raff, I however do not

Back