Save Seaburn

Drove past on the way back from Sheilds yesterday, looks nice and busy.
But the middle bit really needs some investment now that they've cleared it all away (and the funfair being empty), otherwise I fear for the place in general.
I used that area to park my car.
Its a prime location as well but you are right it does spoil it, just hope something appropriate gets built there.

WDSC, great to see the work starting for more car parking down at the sea front. Interesting to see the tree protesters have been caught on the back foot!

Massively disappointed in the most recent update.

• Car park funding delayed by the council but likely to go ahead
  • Hotel deal on the sea front done and dusted
  • Houses next to Seafields will be built first along with the hotel
  • Big empty spaces waiting for leisure developments that will never happen

Massively disappointed in the most recent update.

• Car park funding delayed by the council but likely to go ahead
  • Hotel deal on the sea front done and dusted
  • Houses next to Seafields will be built first along with the hotel
  • Big empty spaces waiting for leisure developments that will never happen
People don’t want leisure. They complain about the airshow and the illuminations bringing people and cars into the area. If there were leisure facilities down there, theyd be complaining about traffic 24/7, 365. Got a new name for them now, they aren’t NIMBY’s anymore, they’re BANANA’s.

Just build something there like a Metro Centre, or elsewhere in Sunderland area, need something economically viable to bring finance, jobs and cash into the City.

Could be a great increase in trade and lifeblood, for residents, traders and shoppers cutting down on requirement in travel and loss of local business funds to other parts of the region.

Kath had gone quiet in her usual places. After spamming Nextdoor and multiple Facebook groups for years there's no comment from her or her other cronies on the embarrassing attempt to have it called in by the SoS.

They were warned it wasn't an avenue open to them too. The fight is over now.

People don’t want leisure. They complain about the airshow and the illuminations bringing people and cars into the area. If there were leisure facilities down there, theyd be complaining about traffic 24/7, 365. Got a new name for them now, they aren’t NIMBY’s anymore, they’re BANANA’s.
I can work out what the first 2 letters stand for :lol:

Back