Save Roker

Off topic but why does the Fort have the letters F and T next to the front door? They're adjacent to each other so it's not like they've been part of the sign saying The Fort and some have fell off, there's barely a gap between them
I've wondered that since I first saw it after the refurb.

My theory is that a dyslexic workman fucked up when asked to clag FTM on the wall. In the unlikely event I've misread the situation, I'm happy to be corrected.

I hadn’t been in for years, popped in before the Coventry game last season out of curiosity, just after it had been done out and it looked like Barbara Cartland’s front room.
A really odd genre for a boozer on Roker Avenue.
If this is still about The Fort, aye it’s an odd place these days. Was far better when it was a rough and ready no frills boozer. Me and me dad went in before the Fulham FA Cup match last season as a pub crawl change to do Roker instead of the town and The Fort was one we went in. Furnished strangely to say the least given the other pubs in the area and while we were in a couple of young charver lads came in trying to sell them a good couple of crème egg trays and, bizarrely, loads of tubs of Lurpak. I’m guessing they weren’t purchased from Costco.

Last time me dad had been in was decades ago in the Roker days and he couldn’t believe how it looked compared to what it was like in his day.

I've wondered that since I first saw it after the refurb.

My theory is that a dyslexic workman fucked up when asked to clag FTM on the wall. In the unlikely event I've misread the situation, I'm happy to be corrected.

When the reopened they had a mirror on the back bar saying ‘Proseco bar’.
I don’t think you a far wrong with the dyslexia but.

Back