Save Roker

Off topic but why does the Fort have the letters F and T next to the front door? They're adjacent to each other so it's not like they've been part of the sign saying The Fort and some have fell off, there's barely a gap between them

I've never been in.
I hadn’t been in for years, popped in before the Coventry game last season out of curiosity, just after it had been done out and it looked like Barbara Cartland’s front room.
A really odd genre for a boozer on Roker Avenue.
Great to see the Afro Caribbean community single-handedly saving pubs in the area with their custom. Places like The Fort have never been so full. So refreshing to see diversity in what was once an overwhelmingly white area of Sunderland.
It is good to see the hidden Nigerian Quarter of Dame Dot spreading the love mind. Hope it does well.

Last edited:
Great to see the Afro Caribbean community single-handedly saving pubs in the area with their custom. Places like The Fort have never been so full. So refreshing to see diversity in what was once an overwhelmingly white area of Sunderland.
Love a bit of well integrated diversity, but are you not getting chaps from the African continent mixed up with the fellows from West Indies? I know you were brought up on Jim ‘nicknick’ Davison and the like, but haway man times have changed since 1978

Last time I was in the riot police trapped us in during the Turkey game
Love a bit of well integrated diversity, but are you not getting chaps from the African continent mixed up with the fellows from West Indies? I know you were brought up on Jim ‘nicknick’ Davison and the like, but haway man times have changed since 1978
I remember you absolutely LOVING Jim Davidson when we were at school :)

Last edited:
These are definitely from the continent of Africa mate. They're shit on the steel drums.

I hadn’t been in for years, popped in before the Coventry game last season out of curiosity, just after it had been done out and it looked like Barbara Cartland’s front room.
A really odd genre for a boozer on Roker Avenue.

It is good to see the hidden Nigerian Quarter of Dame Dot spreading the love mind. Hope it does well.
Was going to say, it's like a brothel waiting room now.

Mind there's still never many in, once popped in on the way down the Wolsey to meet The Wench. There was only two of us in, the other was Dennis W the Joiner, tried to keep my head down but it was no good. 'Ere son, ere ere...'
Wheres the SMBs very own roving Rokerite on his bike when you need much valued service
Banned

Mind there's still never many in, once popped in on the way down the Wolsey to meet The Wench. There was only two of us in, the other was Dennis W the Joiner, tried to keep my head down but it was no good. 'Ere son, ere ere...'

Banned
:lol:

Banned
oh dear, what a shame how very sad

Back