Sausages mash gravy and peas

Three, preferably four decent quality sausages, mash from Maris Pipers or Rooster spuds, maybe bit of greenery in there such as chives, leftover greens or sprouts maybe, ton of peas on the side and some good thick gravy. Tub of Colmans on the table too. Cracking.

I'm bloody starving.

We are having that tonight

Asda extra special pork sausages (the best available imho)
Very buttery million calorie mash
Onion gravy
Peas (for me)
English mustard
Sounds spot on , I add butter too mash obviously but don’t like it to buttery
Three, preferably four decent quality sausages, mash from Maris Pipers or Rooster spuds, maybe bit of greenery in there such as chives, leftover greens or sprouts maybe, ton of peas on the side and some good thick gravy. Tub of Colmans on the table too. Cracking.

I'm bloody starving.
Can’t whack it

Speaking of sausages, before I had to cut it out as I was gaining weight, I got in the habit of a weekend of going to Waitrose at the top of my road, buying four cracking fresh sossies off the deli counter and two fresh (sometimes still warm) crusty rolls off the bakery and making the best sausage rolls you've ever tasted. Bit of butter on the roll, slick of english mustard, two sausages in each firm crusty delicious roll. Absolutely tremendous. I was whacking an egg in there from time to time but it wasn't necessary. Mug of tea beside the plate.

Burns Night...So it's Haggis, Neeps and Tatties tonight washed down with a fine ten year old malt Whiskey!!

Last edited:
Last time I had liver I mixed it with flour and breadcrumbs before frying it.

Oh my!!!
Almost my dad's trick that, he taught me to coat the liver in well seasoned plain flour before cooking it briefly in the pan the onions had sweated down in. Gets you a nice texture on the liver that even the lush gravy can't wash away. Mmmm...so hungry now :)

Back