Sand-Wear Derby

O'Nien and Maguire are really good, their link up play and general ability was a cut above most others.

Watmore was lively, surprise surprise, but I think he'll be an asset if he doesn't get tackled.

No view of the new lad. No view of much, frankly :D

Oh and Grigg is a bit chunky. Looks a yard off the pace which makes me wonder if that's just his natural way. There's a reason he never to cut it above this level, right?

I've just got back in the house at 12-5, to many ciders and not enough buses:lol:

The S/S lads were taking the piss and singing about Wembley, just banter really and a couple of lads thought they’d be safe singing mag songs, a couple of old S/S lads got stuck into them and the police carted them off??

Is that what it was? I didn't hear any mag songs but when I heard the scuffle and looked around I saw a old S/S fan who I know was well into it:lol:
I'll have to ask him what it was all about.

The S/S lads were taking the piss and singing about Wembley, just banter really and a couple of lads thought they’d be safe singing mag songs, a couple of old S/S lads got stuck into them and the police carted them off??
That’s not the case at all
Some shields fans simply singing shields songs and a couple of Sunderland fans getting a bit aggressive, got thrown out as a result

When are you going to get the tannoy fixed? Canny ground apart from that and the view from the seats behind the dugout being blocked because of poor elevation.

The tannoys great, there's 2 speakers in the main stand and when I used to sit there an old guy used to ask all the time what the team was cos he couldn't hear it:lol: until some one told him they weren't wired up. :lol::lol:

sounds like shields proved that the town is mostly sunderland fans so hopefully the mackems can now move on from their mag fixations!!!

glad there wasn't any bother like as it would have really left a bad stain on what sounds was a great day out

to top a great day off England thrashed Australia so I can serve it up to all the Skippys tonight at the pub!

What does everyone think of shields now? I hope everyone there this evening will now come back to mariners (when say Sunderland are not playing at home)

Not for me and I'm from Shields (don't live there now like)

The folk (some mags I know) jumped on the bandwagon with the Wembley trip & the relative success SS have had at that level.

Shame as it's a canny little set up, but I was embarrassed (as I'm sure genuine Shields supporters) for the minority who were singing pretty cringeworthy stuff last night.

Unfortunately I know a few lads who were regular attendees when SAFC were in the PL who switched to apparently being full on SS "supporters" I hope they stop away from the SoL when we do make our way back up the leagues.

Back