Same sex marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking her name off would have been misjudged.

Her views are her views, and silly as they are they seem relatively harmless. Particularly given her caveat that Qantas leave her "...no option but to use other airlines where possible for my extensive travelling." Which suggests she feels so strongly that she'll boycott the airline right up to the point it becomes a bit inconvenient.

Sorry, I get really f***ing miffed when I see that phrase!

It's so easy destroying bible bashers on homosexuality.

I'm just messing about. But traditionally 'marriage' in a church before god is forbidden to same sex in the bible etc. It seems odd to me that a gay couple would even want to entertain it.

both sides are bigoted though are they not.

the definition of a bigotry is to not entertain an opposing view.

end of the day is it was Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve
Problem is one groups view robs the other of one of the most significant things a person can do in their lives.

The main argument against it is that by extending the rights to others it somehow becomes less special for reasons.....Or a wizard did it.

I'm just messing about. But traditionally 'marriage' in a church before god is forbidden to same sex in the bible etc. It seems odd to me that a gay couple would even want to entertain it.

It's a beautiful place to get married, but same sex marriage isn't usually about religion. Gay people rightly want to be treated the same as heterosexuals, and have the same legal rights marriage brings.

Problem is one groups view robs the other of one of the most significant things a person can do in their lives.

The main argument against it is that by extending the rights to others it somehow becomes less special for reasons.....Or a wizard did it.

but why would they insist on doing it the bible way, in a church before god, when scripture etc denies it

civil partnerships?

obv I don't really care myself, nor do I go to church. it does appear to completely go agasint thd doctrines of christianity

It's a beautiful place to get married, but same sex marriage isn't usually about religion. Gay people rightly want to be treated the same as heterosexuals, and have the same legal rights marriage brings.

if its not about religion then it shouldn't be carried out in a church before god really should it. that goes for anyone who isnt religious btw.

but why would they insist on doing it the bible way, in a church before god, when scripture etc denies it

civil partnerships?

obv I don't really care myself, nor do I go to church. it does appear to completely go agasint thd doctrines of christianity

Are you saying that marriages not specifically sanctioned by and in a church are not proper marriages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back