Same sex marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised you don't get it mate. It doesn't seem like you've put much thought into this at all. This is my post from page 12, which you quoted, but somehow seemed to have missed the content:

It's the difference between an opinion and an educated opinion isn't it, one has a lot more value - the other can be quite dangerous and should be called out.

i dont think so mate,

here you go from a law firm:

https://www.slatergordon.co.uk/medi...ences-between-marriage-and-civil-partnership/

If you have different info please provide it.

not being funny but link me something with official docs or law firm and up to date, not an outdated article from the gaystarnews.com

from slatergordon -
A civil marriage means you end up with the same rights as a religious marriage in the eyes of the law, but the ceremony is different.

The opening paragraph of that article from Slater Gordon:

Civil partnerships were introduced in the UK for same-sex couples to legally unite in something like a marriage, but without some of the same legal rights. They were essentially introduced as an interim measure before equal marriage was approved.

i dont think so mate,

here you go from a law firm:

https://www.slatergordon.co.uk/medi...ences-between-marriage-and-civil-partnership/

If you have different info please provide it.
A Black person attends a university interview for Oxford, and he is told 'I'm sorry we can't offer you an honours degree programme'. He asks why not, and they respond 'Well, traditionally honours degrees at the university have been taken by non-Black people, so it has become associated with the achievements of people other than Blacks. Don't worry though, we can offer you the chance to take our new programme called the Civil Educational Certificate, which is a special category of qualification invented in order to let you have a slightly inferior qualification to everybody else, which is only fair, seen as you're black'.

I think given there are some extra rights marriage currently entitles you to, not available in civil partnership then same sex marriage is the only option currently.

I bet you can't come up with a single good reason why same sex marriage should not be legal
This.

Never understood why some people get so upset about gay marriage and homosexuality in general. How in any way does what two consenting adults get up to privately affect anybody else?

Not asking you Cockney Mackem, just a generic question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back