Sam Fender

During the gig?
Between the support act and them coming on. Didn’t last like, but it shows their mentality. Aye, Fender is allowing it to happen, but I suspect it's crowd instigated. The documentary he done the other month about Alan Hull was really good imo.

Between the support act and them coming on. Didn’t last like, but it shows their mentality. Aye, Fender is allowing it to happen, but I suspect it's crowd instigated. The documentary he done the other month about Alan Hull was really good imo.

Before the acts come on is mildly irritating but during the gig is awful etiquette.

Errr no...😄😄😄

Thank you. A voice of reason. I'm not paralysed by their middle aged mackem tribalism either, glad to say. 😉

😁
There are some right music bores on here think that what they like is brilliant and any music who likes something that they don't approve of is shite.

It is obvious Fender is speaking to a certain section of young people. I can see how and why he does. He is one of them and he sings about stuff they relate to and he knows a tune.

There are some right music bores on here think that what they like is brilliant and any music who likes something that they don't approve of is shite.

It is obvious Fender is speaking to a certain section of young people. I can see how and why he does. He is one of them and he sings about stuff they relate to and he knows a tune.
Yes and not just younguns either as the demographic at concerts shows.

Did you miss the bit where was spoken of as being in the same bracket as the likes of Neil Young and it was said he was one of the most lyrically and musically interesting acts for many a year? :lol:

But you're talking about the musical equivalent of Billy Hardy, with black and white trunks, stepping into the ring with prime Cassius Clay.

Fair enough if some people like him and the mags go nuts for him, but you're talking about musicians who shaped the landscape.

Last edited:
Not a fan of his music but the times I’ve heard him speak he seems a canny lad like..he spoke well about the filths takeover anarl..he said it needed a bit more ‘transparency’ which was fair enough..talking to my Niece tonight he stopped the show 2 or 3 times last night because people at the front were getting squashed.

I’m the same age as him and he isn’t speaking to me or a lot of my mates. All the people I know my age who adore him can’t think for themselves and class bollocks like Kasabian and the Courteeners as the cutting edge of music.

But you're talking about the musical equivalent of Billy Hardy, with black and white trunks, stepping into the ring with prime Cassius Clay.

Fair enough if some people like him and the mags go nuts for him, but you're talking about musicians who shaped the landscape.
Did you miss the bit where was spoken of as being in the same bracket as the likes of Neil Young and it was said he was one of the most lyrically and musically interesting acts for many a year? :lol:
You are not allowed to think someone is shite anymore,without the musical snobs,calling you a musical snob!

I’m the same age as him and he isn’t speaking to me or a lot of my mates. All the people I know my age who adore him can’t think for themselves and class bollocks like Kasabian and the Courteeners as the cutting edge of music.
Ok mate. I’m not a fan either.
Let’s be honest, it’s music for people who wear Ben Sherman shirts, love a cheeky nandos and drink Stella
Lolz

Last edited:

Back