Salman Rushdie stabbed

Well tbh I think the exact opposite is happening today, people are shoehorning their beliefs or lack of, onto those who actually have a belief and stand for something.

You’re equating being religious for standing for something and the absence of being religious for standing for nothing.

Science, that’s what I believe in. That’s my ‘religion’

Yeah going by your previous posts i'm not buying that🤷‍♂️😂:oops:

It is honestly mind blowing how beautifully CREATED the universe is 😍 😍 😍
You telling me some bearded cloud nonce has dominion over everything in the universe but spends his time eaves dropping on peoples naughty thoughts on our infinitesimally small rock?

I’m willing to do the research. But you’re offering up nowt

I'm not going to give you a one line extract, you're going to have to go read the Bible from start to end 🤷‍♂️
You’re equating being religious for standing for something and the absence of being religious for standing for nothing.

Science, that’s what I believe in. That’s my ‘religion’

Come back when science disproves God.
You telling me some bearded cloud nonce has dominion over everything in the universe but spends his time eaves dropping on peoples naughty thoughts on our infinitesimally small rock?
If you say so science boy

Come back when science disproves God.
Science wont ever disprove God

The basis of religion is faith. To have faith the object of that has to remain non- provable. If Jesus did turn up out the blue organised religion would be knackered

I'm happy to be open minded about spirituality and that there is more to human life than science can explain but religious texts have tapped into this to provide a structure for it.

I'm amazed anyone can believe that religious belief = good person. Where I live the Pope has just visited to apologise for the Church run residential school abusing and murdering kids

One thing that Christianity cant explain is why the major Christian dates like Easter had been around for centuries before the bible

It does cause hate, division, and repression everywhere it goes to be fair. Countries where it's the major religion nearly all suffer repression because of it. Everywhere where it's a minority religion, they cause bother.
Is that the fault of Islam though, or of autocratic dickheads using Islam to control their populaces? It's not some centrally controlled religion where followers are bound to the pronouncements of a supreme leader - anyone can call themselves an imam and try to convince followers that their interpretation is the correct one.

Back