Salman Rushdie stabbed

Science wont ever disprove God

The basis of religion is faith. To have faith the object of that has to remain non- provable. If Jesus did turn up out the blue organised religion would be knackered

I'm happy to be open minded about spirituality and that there is more to human life than science can explain but religious texts have tapped into this to provide a structure for it.

I'm amazed anyone can believe that religious belief = good person. Where I live the Pope has just visited to apologise for the Church run residential school abusing and murdering kids

One thing that Christianity cant explain is why the major Christian dates like Easter had been around for centuries before the bible
Aye but there's plenty that disproves most of the popular religions like the religions that came before them that they plagiarised to death.

Not sure that anything Rushdie wrote was hate speech?
I'm not sure he did either. Not exactly sure of the context but to my understanding he mentioned what is classed as the Satanic Verses which Muhammad said must be removed from the Koran. Those verses simply mentioned that the three goddesses who were daughters of Allah worshipped by Meccans could be of value in converting them. It raises theological issues that have been debated by Islamic scholars for a long time before Rushdie came along.

Last edited:
For the same reason you respect your parents or your grandparents.

To a religious person God is everything. So the way you would react to someone insulting your parents is the way we feel like reacting when we see this 'hate' speech towards us.
If somebody insulted my parents it wouldn't give me the right to stab them.

Have an opinion on god? Because my life expands beyond smb, real ale and fanny.
No, why would you want to look to purposely offend?

But that's a random point. I'd say everyone's life does that, but I reckon most aren't arsing on talking to people about their God being gay.

Last edited:
For the same reason you respect your parents or your grandparents.

To a religious person God is everything. So the way you would react to someone insulting your parents is the way we feel like reacting when we see this 'hate' speech towards us.
My Mother was a religious person and never did anything but want to help folk. These are mentally ill/brainwashed (again, mentally ill). There's a reason many are radicalised in jail.

Loan f***ing nutter acts, queue the racists jumping in to blame everyone who follows Islam. *sigh*
apart from the fact that an actual Ayatollah put a death sentence on him. That’s like if a Catholic attempted to kill John Cleese for Monty Python because a bishop preached that it was every catholics responsibility to murder blasphemers and you’d say it was nothing to do with religion. He’s had to live with a death sentence over him for 30 -odd years and if you think only a single ‘loan nutter’ would’ve pulled the trigger then you’re very wrong.

Science wont ever disprove God

The basis of religion is faith. To have faith the object of that has to remain non- provable. If Jesus did turn up out the blue organised religion would be knackered

I'm happy to be open minded about spirituality and that there is more to human life than science can explain but religious texts have tapped into this to provide a structure for it.

I'm amazed anyone can believe that religious belief = good person. Where I live the Pope has just visited to apologise for the Church run residential school abusing and murdering kids

One thing that Christianity cant explain is why the major Christian dates like Easter had been around for centuries before the bible
Cracking post. I'm moderately religious myself and agree with all of that.
Just leave your own species (and others) alone and breathe as many breaths as will be allotted to you.

Last edited:
apart from the fact that an actual Ayatollah put a death sentence on him. That’s like if a Catholic attempted to kill John Cleese for Monty Python because a bishop preached that it was every catholics responsibility to murder blasphemers and you’d say it was nothing to do with religion. He’s had to live with a death sentence over him for 30 -odd years and if you think only a single ‘loan nutter’ would’ve pulled the trigger then you’re very wrong.
Utter cucks man, so tolerant they tolerate the intolerant. They think any criticism of Islam is racist when if a white person was preaching the same shite they'd be slagging them off at every opportunity.

Back