+++SAFC Vs Swansea Official Match Thread+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the second half we looked like a Bruce team ( and remember I was a Bruce in man) but we got away with it.

BTW Did Dr. Dre post in the second half?

Great result & a battling performance. Relief in the end cos they knock it around and they were always likely to get one.

Goals win games. Can fanny around all day but have to put ball in the net. Hope they do well though. Decent club and Rodgers comes across very well, imho.

Massive win for us against a very good side.I didnt think we played well - defence aside - but they were a lot better than i thought they'd be.

Our defence won us that game today.

We did play well. The plan was clearly to narrow the pitch and mark for our lives, then break out when the chance arose. We did that.

Posession football is one way to play football, but it isn't the objectivley best or right way or anything, it's just one interpretation. Swansea today played like a classier version of us under bruce-lots of passing but virtually no penetartion, playing in front of the back four. I feel alot happier having won with a smash and grab than with a draw of passing into nothing.

Who do you support marra?

To me it just looked like they were game triers who passed prettily but lacked any cutting edge...two moments of quality, two goals - that's the Prem for ya...

A lot of championship teams come up and do well until Xmas - Hull, Blackpool etc but they often struggle 2nd half of the season and (if they escape relegation) in the next season.

Esp. as their squads are usually paper thin

Surely you must recognise that Swansea are in a different class to Hull and Blackpool. Surely.

I'm pleased Swansea don't have a goalscorer.

Disciplined from out lads again today. Hard fought win. Hope they enjoy their glass of wine tonight - they earned it.

So do Arsenal or it could've been 4 or 5 last week :neutral:

We did play well. The plan was clearly to narrow the pitch and mark for our lives, then break out when the chance arose. We did that.

Posession football is one way to play football, but it isn't the objectivley best or right way or anything, it's just one interpretation. Swansea today played like a classier version of us under bruce-lots of passing but virtually no penetartion, playing in front of the back four. I feel alot happier having won with a smash and grab than with a draw of passing into nothing.

I'd take a win in any situation mate.

I thought the defence was rock solid today but i thought we invited too much pressure by surrendering the midfield to them.For large periods in both halves we were simply outplayed.

I dont want to be too critical becuase we have beaten a very good side and i couldnt be more chuffed.

Surely you must recognise that Swansea are in a different class to Hull and Blackpool. Surely.

You never know mate. They look powder puff. We've heard all this so many times before. People on here said they were both better than us. Until their respective declines began they were the dog's bollocks on TV as well. IIRC Hull had their bums well licked after winning against......guess who.

I'd take a win in any situation mate.

I thought the defence was rock solid today but i thought we invited too much pressure by surrendering the midfield to them.For large periods in both halves we were simply outplayed.

I dont want to be too critical becuase we have beaten a very good side and i couldnt be more chuffed.

We wern't outplayed. The aim of the game is to get the ball in the net, not to hold it or pass it, just to score more than the other team. We gave them the ball and said "Let's see what risk you pose then beyond holding the ball, come and get past us if you can" and they posed little to none.

Had they had someone who could strike outside the box, as top class teams who plas posession tend to, or a striker who can convert evry chance he gets, we would have lost heavily. But as it was they were very blunt.

We were good enough to defend and good enough to score twice, as well as good enough to create better chances than them as well, ones we didn't score. Two differnet theories of football but ours won out today. There's always luck etc as well but for the most part it was a clear example of one team being better at the aim of the game than the other when it counted.

You never know mate. They look powder puff. We've heard all this so many times before. People on here said they were both better than us. Until their respective declines began they were the dog's bollocks on TV as well. IIRC Hull had their bums well licked after winning against......guess who.

I never said it about Hull or Blackpool. I will say it about Swansea. They are playing modern football, with a specific game plan every week constructed by a fantastic manager.

This is different to Hull or Blackpool who simply played the typical high confidence high tempo of newly promoted sides that will always fall flat eventually. And both had managers who would never be able to change their team to do anything differently and with a positive effect.

Sunderland in tactics shocker!

Pressed them early on and then got the lead, then let them have it in their own half through to the midfield after that.

They got in behind once or twice and had a few shots from distance and that was it. We scored two and had the next 2-3 closest openings.

Didn't play great, but 3 (deserved) points ... onwards and upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back