SAFC vs Belenenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think almost everybody predicted the first relegation after a few games in to the Moyes season. And the championship season didn't need a Nostradamus to see we'd be in real trouble unless one of the goalkeepers could start catching the ball.

The point I am making is many people on here, will only ever post negative comments. If we are doing well they stop posting. When we lose or draw they come flying out of the woodwork.
your absolutely right, there are a few. However, those of us that post ,hail or snow or sunshine, can see what is happening. If you can call some of these players that have turned out for us as "Professionals" then I, by the same right, can be labelled a "Professional Supporter" having had that many relegation's and promotions under my belt. Those of us who are old enough have seen and can see the signs that a currently on show, all before.
That's not been a clever shit or a doom monger, if you saw me (W 1 lost 9 ) and the lad W 0 lost 6) at Wembley you'd understand, its realism. The signs that were there since last Christmas and ended in yet another failure are still there. Yes, there have been additions and need bedding in, but with two weeks to go the fundamental problem remains unaddressed...Midfield and pace. This would hopefully address the link up play to the forwards otherwise were are in for a very mediocre season.

Didn't watch. Assume it was the same? Little going forward and slow to watch ?
Aye, we played some decent stuff first half actually but that formation left us wide open and they could have scored a few on the counter. Just cannot see it working at all with Hume and o’nien as wing backs, both defensively all over the place.

See Simon Graysons Blackpool lost to Altrincham yesterday.

Some other results.

Grimsby 1-0 Doncaster
Telford 1-1 Coventry
Gillingham 3-1 Charlton
Bala Town 1-0 Accrington
Bradford 1-1 Wigan
Burton 2-5 Derby
Carlisle 1-3 Fleetwood
Chesterfield 1-2 Rotherham
Dagenham 1-1 Southend
Notts County 2-1 Walsall
Oxford 1-2 QPR
Peterborough 3-1 Barnet
Scunthorpe 0-4 West Brom
Stevenage 0-1 Portsmouth
Tranmere 0-2 Stoke

So out of the 17 teams who played (league one teams) only 5 managed to win, one (Gillingham) beat higher league opposition, the other four beat lower league opposition.
Wonder if the other teams who failed to win are going on like raging fannies.
Is anyone acrually being a raging fanny? Or just saying the team looks no better than last year on paper and is playing in the same pedestrian way and it’s less than 2 weeks to start of season. Is the better alternative to just assume we will be absolutey class this season and it will all click into place come a week Saturday?

So you don’t know George boyd ermmm ok
Mo eisa, the guy who rejected us

Bore off
George Boyd ffs 33y old and owa the hill.
Mo Eisa 24 y old and played a whopping 5 games above League 2 level.
I'm f***ing quaking in me boots here.

Is anyone acrually being a raging fanny? Or just saying the team looks no better than last year on paper and is playing in the same pedestrian way and it’s less than 2 weeks to start of season. Is the better alternative to just assume we will be absolutey class this season and it will all click into place come a week Saturday?
Plenty.

Well done you’ve done a little bit of research. Mo eisa who would walk into our team and George Boyd who again would walk into our team. Get your head out of your arse and release we are in trouble.

Plenty.
Fair enough, I’ve not seen anyone being that bad to be fair, generally just concerned the squad is no better than last year.

your absolutely right, there are a few. However, those of us that post ,hail or snow or sunshine, can see what is happening. If you can call some of these players that have turned out for us as "Professionals" then I, by the same right, can be labelled a "Professional Supporter" having had that many relegation's and promotions under my belt. Those of us who are old enough have seen and can see the signs that a currently on show, all before.
That's not been a clever shit or a doom monger, if you saw me (W 1 lost 9 ) and the lad W 0 lost 6) at Wembley you'd understand, its realism. The signs that were there since last Christmas and ended in yet another failure are still there. Yes, there have been additions and need bedding in, but with two weeks to go the fundamental problem remains unaddressed...Midfield and pace. This would hopefully address the link up play to the forwards otherwise were are in for a very mediocre season.

You sing a hard luck story about Wembley but that's not personal to you, it's the same for tens of thousands of us. I'm 49 and have been going since 1979 so I don't need someone to tell me, I would understand if.... I have all those relegations under by belt too.
However, that doesn't mean I have to be part of a self fulfilling, self pitying prophecy. Anyway, I'm sure we want the same thing, it's just I'm a half glass full person and I will continue to be.

This basically sang it last time so give it an airing this time. Class the people kicking off about it whilst we're having a pissed up laugh in Portugal :lol:
Sad bastards man. Do fuck all to contribute to the atmosphere and then twist at lads for singing.

I think almost everybody predicted the first relegation after a few games in to the Moyes season. And the championship season didn't need a Nostradamus to see we'd be in real trouble unless one of the goalkeepers could start catching the ball.

The point I am making is many people on here, will only ever post negative comments. If we are doing well they stop posting. When we lose or draw they come flying out of the woodwork.

Maybe because the football is horrible and frustrating to watch. It’s fuckin draining watching the team bumble fuck around year after year. You think people don’t have a right to moan about where the club is at the moment?

Maybe you don’t like it because deep down you know what they are saying is true and you don’t want to face facts!

Maybe because the football is horrible and frustrating to watch. It’s fuckin draining watching the team bumble fuck around year after year. You think people don’t have a right to moan about where the club is at the moment?

Maybe you don’t like it because deep down you know what they are saying is true and you don’t want to face facts!
I'll tell you once the season starts, until then I'll reserve opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back