SAFC vs Belenenses

Personal insults on a message board against the manager after a friendly loss, ffs
The same sort of responses excuses from a good few on here not that long ago when Mr Dead took over......think it was the Boro game when he came out with "relegation battle" just two games into the season although there was unrest before with reuslts from friendlys,,,,,,,, I think the moaners back then as now were proved correct in the long run..

The same sort of responses excuses from a good few on here not that long ago when Mr Dead took over......think it was the Boro game when he came out with "relegation battle" just two games into the season although there was unrest before with reuslts from friendlys,,,,,,,, I think the moaners back then as now were proved correct in the long run..
And what about their predictions that we'd get relegated for every one of the 10 seasons we were in the premier league? So, although they got it wrong 9 times in a row are they considered the realists because they got it right at the tenth attempt?

If only we had a manager who knows the league and how to get out of it you know like big Simon Grayson...
Who will show us how it's done

And what about their predictions that we'd get relegated for every one of the 10 seasons we were in the premier league? So, although they got it wrong 9 times in a row are they considered the realists because they got it right at the tenth attempt?
10 relegation battles, whilst some teams that got promoted went on to have good seasons

Last edited:
Their predictions whether palatable or not were proved right for the last three years mate........2 relegations and these same people who warned what was happening to the team from just after Christmas last year regarding promotion........we all know how that ended.. Posted here a little under 4 weeks ago that Ross would go within 10 games, hope I'm proved wrong, but I've seen whats happening happen so many times before that is my prediction.

If only we had a manager who knows the league and how to get out of it you know like big Simon Grayson...
See Simon Graysons Blackpool lost to Altrincham yesterday.

Some other results.

Grimsby 1-0 Doncaster
Telford 1-1 Coventry
Gillingham 3-1 Charlton
Bala Town 1-0 Accrington
Bradford 1-1 Wigan
Burton 2-5 Derby
Carlisle 1-3 Fleetwood
Chesterfield 1-2 Rotherham
Dagenham 1-1 Southend
Notts County 2-1 Walsall
Oxford 1-2 QPR
Peterborough 3-1 Barnet
Scunthorpe 0-4 West Brom
Stevenage 0-1 Portsmouth
Tranmere 0-2 Stoke

So out of the 17 teams who played (league one teams) only 5 managed to win, one (Gillingham) beat higher league opposition, the other four beat lower league opposition.
Wonder if the other teams who failed to win are going on like raging fannies.

Some other results.

Grimsby 1-0 Doncaster
Telford 1-1 Coventry
Gillingham 3-1 Charlton
Bala Town 1-0 Accrington
Bradford 1-1 Wigan
Burton 2-5 Derby
Carlisle 1-3 Fleetwood
Dagenham 1-1 Southend
Notts County 2-1 Walsall
Oxford 1-2 QPR
Peterborough 3-1 Barnet
Scunthorpe 0-4 West Brom
Stevenage 0-1 Portsmouth
Tranmere 0-2 Stoke

So out of the 17 teams who played (league one teams) only 5 managed to win, one (Gillingham) beat higher league opposition, the other four beat lower league opposition.
Are those other teams expected to get promoted?

Their predictions whether palatable or not were proved right for the last three years mate........2 relegations and these same people who warned what was happening to the team from just after Christmas last year regarding promotion........we all know how that ended.. Posted here a little under 4 weeks ago that Ross would go within 10 games, hope I'm proved wrong, but I've seen whats happening happen so many times before that is my prediction.

I think almost everybody predicted the first relegation after a few games in to the Moyes season. And the championship season didn't need a Nostradamus to see we'd be in real trouble unless one of the goalkeepers could start catching the ball.

The point I am making is many people on here, will only ever post negative comments. If we are doing well they stop posting. When we lose or draw they come flying out of the woodwork.

Some other results.

Grimsby 1-0 Doncaster
Telford 1-1 Coventry
Gillingham 3-1 Charlton
Bala Town 1-0 Accrington
Bradford 1-1 Wigan
Burton 2-5 Derby
Carlisle 1-3 Fleetwood
Dagenham 1-1 Southend
Notts County 2-1 Walsall
Oxford 1-2 QPR
Peterborough 3-1 Barnet
Scunthorpe 0-4 West Brom
Stevenage 0-1 Portsmouth
Tranmere 0-2 Stoke

Simon Grayson first team beat barrow 3-0 yesterday or are does that not fit what you’re trying to say?

Are those other teams expected to get promoted?
Blackpool, Doncaster, Coventry, Burton, Rotherham, Peterborough, Portsmouth.

Aye a load of them will be eyeing a promotion push.

Simon Grayson first team beat barrow 3-0 yesterday or are does that not fit what you’re trying to say?
Didn't realise they had two games yesterday that was the first one i seen.

Last edited:

Peterborough have the best squad in the league by far. They’ll run away with the league with Rotherham and Ipswich close behind.

And they have the income we do?

Peterborough have the best squad in the league by far. They’ll run away with the league with Rotherham and Ipswich close behind.
Maddison makes the team up

What's income got to do with a few friendly results?
Was just pointing out their was a mixed bag of results, you know with them being frendlies and that.

Aye whatever.
Considering we should be able to pay more, then we should attract the better players, better players means an increased chance of getting promotion over clubs with a lower income..

I.m.o

Back