**** SAFC v Bolton Wanderers **** Match Thread

Come on you lot don’t give up, I remember us being in the conference playing Woking on a Boxing Day in the snow, you lot are way better than that. It will come together, it always does, a bit of luck, deflected goal and the revival will,start and confidence will return.

It was 1-1.... mmmmm bisto
Look at my handle OUFC1😋
Come on you lot don’t give up, I remember us being in the conference playing Woking on a Boxing Day in the snow, you lot are way better than that. It will come together, it always does, a bit of luck, deflected goal and the revival will,start and confidence will return.
Correct and what about when we lost 3-1 at Salisbury on Boxing Day to be just outside the Conference relegation zone and had Sam Deering stretchered off with a broken leg - now that was a bad day.......

Last edited:
Drew 0-0 with Oxford in September and 0-0 with Blackpool in October. Both at home.

Also beat Bristol Rovers 2-0 away as well so looks like Stelling is talking shite

Just for a change. Dont get the love fest with him. Another like Jim White, think they're the dogs bollocks. They're presenters ffs, not saving the third world from malaria. Tossers.

Youve got no idea what you are talking about

we’ve had decades of watching this shite and are a failed football club. There is not one comparable club in the U.K. with our track record of utter failure and mis management stretching back so long

our recent history reads like a horror story: almost without exception every season we are inept.

9 relegations since the mid 70s, 9 consecutive defeats at Wembley since 1973, all of the crappy English football recorded set by us in the last 15 to 20 years and this with a Crowd a average that even boca juniors and juventus would find acceptable

the club is the epitomy of badly run and when we can’t even Hold our own in the third division then an end is nigh

we are a failed football club in every sense of the word and we literally can’t beat any team as it stands

a catastrophic fall from grace for What should be one of England’s top clubs. Garbage

I relied on SKY updates and have to say i'm bitterly disappointed by this result (just got up) although it looks like we had plenty of shots...which is a positive. They didn't have as many as us, practically none at all after about 70 minutes. Can we take anything from the performance and clean sheet?

I relied on SKY updates and have to say i'm bitterly disappointed by this result (just got up) although it looks like we had plenty of shots...which is a positive. They didn't have as many as us, practically none at all after about 70 minutes. Can we take anything from the performance and clean sheet?

No. Awful.

we’ve had decades of watching this shite and are a failed football club. There is not one comparable club in the U.K. with our track record of utter failure and mis management stretching back so long

our recent history reads like a horror story: almost without exception every season we are inept.

9 relegations since the mid 70s, 9 consecutive defeats at Wembley since 1973, all of the crappy English football recorded set by us in the last 15 to 20 years and this with a Crowd a average that even boca juniors and juventus would find acceptable

the club is the epitomy of badly run and when we can’t even Hold our own in the third division then an end is nigh

we are a failed football club in every sense of the word and we literally can’t beat any team as it stands

a catastrophic fall from grace for What should be one of England’s top clubs. Garbage
They are still my team and I won’t give up on them.....

And then there was Jack Rodwell.

Need to organise a visible protest.

At mass walk out mid way through the half or a everybody heading toward to track around the pitch.

Singing about sacking Parkinson getting sacked won't force the owners hand
We need to up our game as our complacency will only buy him more time

Need to organise a visible protest.

At mass walk out mid way through the half or a everybody heading toward to track around the pitch.

Singing about sacking Parkinson getting sacked won't force the owners hand
We need to up our game as our complacency will only buy him more time
The problem with this approach, as our dearly beloved rivals up the road have discovered, is that it just puts off any potential investors if they think all they are setting themselves up for is abuse.

That the club lacks financial muscle is now obvious.

It also now lacks any semblance of an effective scouting network, does not appear to be developing youngsters able to make the (much smaller) step up to League 1 level and, to my eyes, we have swapped someone with managerial potential for someone not likely to be in high demand when he leaves here.

Hope I am wrong about the manager and he somehow manages to turn it round but honestly relegation looks much more likely than promotion at the moment.

The problem with this approach, as our dearly beloved rivals up the road have discovered, is that it just puts off any potential investors if they think all they are setting themselves up for is abuse.

That the club lacks financial muscle is now obvious.

It also now lacks any semblance of an effective scouting network, does not appear to be developing youngsters able to make the (much smaller) step up to League 1 level and, to my eyes, we have swapped someone with managerial potential for someone not likely to be in high demand when he leaves here.

Hope I am wrong about the manager and he somehow manages to turn it round but honestly relegation looks much more likely than promotion at the moment.
Probably a bit dramatic given the quality you have in your squad albeit they don't seem to be playing as a cohesive unit given your recent results. There's also only three relegation places and Bolton/Southend seem nailed on for two of those.

A few weeks could turn it all around though. We're third in the table after two ground out 1-0 home wins in the past week. If we'd lost those two games though, we'd be 12th! So.….nil desperandum, a few results and you're back in it. You've also got a game in hand on nearly everyone above you.

Back