**** SAFC v Bolton Wanderers **** Match Thread

He did it with all three subs, like for like. No plan B, no desire to change it up, just standing still hoping something will happen. Sums the whole club up tbf.

I thought second half had a clear plan -hoof it up the left to outside their box. Worked ok and led to good crossing but absolutely no way to capitalise.

Playing so many at the back would seem to make sense when you saw how incompetent some of our passing in front of our goal was.

Nobody wanted this clown, he wasn’t the right character needed, yet somehow Donald & his mates thought this was the best appointment

absolute joke
They don't have a clue about running a football club. Parky will of just pulled the wool over their eyes during an interview.

The game was a whole load of nothing. Completely flat and the club is just waiting for something to happen.

First half and there was little in it, bolton maybe just shading it. Enough chances for one of the sides to have been leading at HT. Second half and we were huff and puff. We clearly dont practice shooting because we couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo. Incredible that we cant hit the target. Their goalie might as well not have been there. I was waiting for the Murphy winner but by the end Bolton had long given up the ghost of playing for a win. They were more than happy with a draw and no doubt Parkinson was.

the fans clearly know that we arent going anywhere and apart from the chants for SKP etc they suffered pretty much in silence. This team with Parkinson in charge has the look of lower mid table about it.

No idea why 34k turn up to watch this nothingness.

Last edited:
The game was a whole load of nothing. Completely flat and the club is just waiting for something to happen.

First half and there was little in it, bolton maybe just shading it. Enough chances for one of the sides to have been leading at HT. Second half and we were huff and puff. We clearly dont practice shooting because we couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo. Incredible that we cant hit the target. Their goalie might as well not have been there. I was waiting for the Murphy winner but by the end Bolton had long given up the ghost of playing for a win. They were more than happy with a draw and no doubt Parkinson was.

the fans clearly know that we arent going anywhere and apart from the chants for SKP etc they suffered pretty much in silence. This team with Parkinson in charge has the look of lower mid table about it.

No idea why 34k turn up to watch this nothingness.

What's this in reference to? Were they just singing his name or actually chanting for him to get the job?

Hopefully PP will become untenable before we let him waste our budget, such as it is.

I left on 85 mins, but mate in the East Stand said Power turned to a section of the crowd and told them to "fuck off". Anyone else witness this?

What's this in reference to? Were they just singing his name or actually chanting for him to get the job?

Hopefully PP will become untenable before we let him waste our budget, such as it is.
there was spell mid/late second half where the fans made it clear that they do not back PP and want SKP in as manager. A lot of old school chants for Rowell etc, were sung.

"youre getting sacked in the morning" by SAFC fans at PP could be heard.
I left on 85 mins, but mate in the East Stand said Power turned to a section of the crowd and told them to "fuck off". Anyone else witness this?
No surprise. The players arent up to it and shouldnt be here, the manager is out of his depth and the owner is non league standard. The whole thing is completely unacceptable.

None of the aforementioned can handle SAFC.

Last edited:
We had a great afternoon. Nice walk along the sea front, spot of lunch then a nice walk back. Home now and about to settle down with the rest of the football.

Im enjoying myself far more not going than I did in the final few months when it felt like a chore. Until both Donald and Parkinson fuck off, we won’t be back.

I was able to drink pints in warmth of on home watching that shite. Credit to those who and even more to those who stayed till the end.

It was a shocking performance by us and the officials.

Maguire should have buried that free kick the ref gave him a clear shot on target

i sit in the east stand and never saw anything but then again i wasn't particularly looking for it. hope it's not true but no doubt it will quickly become true on here.

anyone got a link to our disallowed goal? looked fine to me.

Brace yourself for the January asset stripping, things are gonna get a whole lot worse before they eventually get better.
Did you say "assets"????

Why should he not react if he's being given abuse.
Fans are so f***ing precious

Last edited:
Did you say "assets"????

Why should he not react if he's being given abuse.
Fans are so f***ing precious
Fans react to what happens on the pitch. He is VERY well paid for his ability to play football. He (along with others) are failing in their jobs. He should be above reacting to abuse. It's not good enough, the scouse cunt

My thoughts from seeing a full match for once.

Keeper - some good saves, at times was distributing the ball quickly, things looking up? Unfortunately, second half went back to just twatting about. Players wide open on the left, crying out for the ball, ignored.

Defense - they weren't threatened much, but when they were, it felt like a goal was just around the corner. Wingbacks are a waste of time, Hume and 09 did what they could, but couldn't fully commit to either forward or backward play. Flanagan's hamstring looked like it went, perfect chance/excuse to change things. A missed opportunity.

Midfield - did we have a midfield? Power seemed to spend more time alongside the CB's trying to play eye catching cross field balls that mostly seemed to miss their targets. Grant.....walk away lad, please. Corners seemed to always just be floated in, never felt a threat. When he first came back, we scored regularly from set pieces, now they just feel an opportunity to give a breakaway goal. Gooch tried, too hard at times, felt like very little reward for effort.

Forwards - Wyke, tried, failed. Watmore, tried, failed.

Subs - maccyds tried, but not good enough, the others same old shite.

Overall, there didn't appear to be a system to our play, it was confusing to watch. They got the ball wide, but no end result time and again.

Disallowed goal, didn't see much wrong at the time, but not a surprise. A couple of strong penalty shouts not given.

Crowd - heard a lot worse. Chants of discontent started halfway through second half, loud and clear from my position in SWC.

Back