SAFC Takeover Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Same text I got marra
Thats literally a whole new ballgame fella ! extending the stadium is one thing and we have got bob to thank for that (done economically : £ per seat)But putting a roof on would be an expensive business ...easier to knock it down and start again!Im calling bollocks to the roof and monorail!
It has already been discussed....weeks ago.
How do you know this? I thought it was just monorail type nonsense!

Last edited:
There's no way we're extending anything until we sell out week in week out. Which has not happened for a mighty long time. Regardless of what other events they want to put on surely.
I disagree fella its all about "build it and they will come"if reports are true (big if) and money is available......there is logic to creating the best and biggest sporting arena in the region !

Disagree with that mind. Our recruitment has been piss poor, barring two or three players, no imagination whatsoever. Just a bunch of players who apparently "have done it before in this league".
Aye agree with you, the players are shit and although I would change the manager, I'm not expecting a huge improvement in their individual performances. Maybe a new one can organise us a bit better.

Last edited:
Disagree with that mind. Our recruitment has been piss poor, barring two or three players, no imagination whatsoever. Just a bunch of players who apparently "have done it before in this league".
Look at the club under donald , the place is run with a skeleton staff .scrimp is the ethos of the day!we have no scouting network !donald has been treading water until this new investment appears!

Mind that's a step up. It used to be whoever played well against us :lol:
Just no imagination or thought have gone into our signings in this league. Just a mish mash of players who it's like, ah well he's been promoted before so he'll do. No wonder we don't look like a proper team when we play, just a bunch of individuals thrown together.
Aye agree with you, the players are shit and although I would change the manager, I'm not expecting a huge improvement in their individual performances. Maybe a new one can organise us a bit better.
It's why I don't agree when people say we're massively underperforming as we have by far the best squad in the league. Not for me we don't. Quite frankly most of the players are average, at best.

Last edited:
I’m assuming things like expanding the stadium, adding a roof and stuff like that doesn’t fall under fifa fair play, we can spend as much as we like in that regard?

Last edited:
Look at the club under donald , the place is run with a skeleton staff .scrimp is the ethos of the day!we have no scouting network !donald has been treading water until this new investment appears!

Yet people think hes done a good job

its been a disaster

Just no imagination or thought have gone into our signings in this league.

It's why I don't agree when people say we're massively underperforming as we have by far the best squad in the league. Not for me we don't. Quite frankly most of the players are average, at best.

You could more easily argue that very little tactical imagination and acumen has gone into our setup.

Can you describe our our style of play?

I can't (other than being anonymous and anemic).

Other teams in this division are doing more with less, that's for sure.

I’m assuming things like expanding the stadium, adding a roof and stuff like that doesn’t fall under fifa fair play, we can spend as much as we like in that regard?
I could be wrong, but I thought part of financial fair play is about investing on the infastructure?

You could more easily argue that very little tactical imagination and acumen has gone into our setup.

Can you describe our our style of play?

I can't (other than being anonymous and anemic).

Other teams in this division are doing more with less, that's for sure.
Certainly a part of it, agreed.

Do not think for one minute that SD will not pull the trigger..If the owners trust SD, then Ross's position is safe.. If the results do not improve under Ross the question is how long will SD allow it to continue, similarly, how long will the new owners allow SD to continue backing his man under their stewardship.?????.

I agree, SD will be (or possibly has been) able to buy Ross some time. I reckon if we're not in or very close to the top 2 before xmas then they'll pull the plug so any new manager can use the transfer window to improve the team.

Presumably if that’s the case, the plan would be to do that, thereby increasing our revenue streams with events / higher crowds, and so benefit us in terms of FFP - if that’s how it works (I don’t know!)

Yet people think hes done a good job

its been a disaster
In footballing terms i agree !the club in business terms is treading water!going nowhere and just surviving !cut to the bone in all areas .......however if he has manages to sell us on to the delltastics i for one will forget his failure to perform ............I must adnit though if this deal does go through i am a tad concerned if donald is the right person to perform in the big boys playground given his cv and obvious penny pinching ways!

Presumably if that’s the case, the plan would be to do that, thereby increasing our revenue streams with events / higher crowds, and so benefit us in terms of FFP - if that’s how it works (I don’t know!)

I’d say that sounds about right. Donald spoke ages ago about the club possibly buying hotels, if each hotel made 10m a year then that goes straight back into the clubs coffers as an income to boost our playing budgets

I agree for the most part exceptions might be Dobson is encouraging, Willis is doing well, the goalie was a great acquisition, O Nein is a fantasy versatile squad player, Mcguire is a good character and fearless, Mcnukty is on loan. That’s it though

Reality of our situation though.

It’s confidence not tactics which is our problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back