SAFC Takeover Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's all these new posters come from

Same place as all of the old posters. Believe it or not everyone on here was new once.

Whilst August and September have seen more new users than the preceding 3 months, its a myth that we have a sudden inrush of new posters.

More people registered every week during August and September last year than have done this year.

Same place as all of the old posters. Believe it or not everyone on here was new once.

Whilst August and September have seen more new users than the preceding 3 months, its a myth that we have a sudden inrush of new posters.

More people registered every week during August and September last year than have done this year.
nowt like a good stat

No, and I'm not sure my stamina would be up to the Camino now. As it happens, there's a kind of coach-based mini-Camino for the first few days, staying first in Zamora, and then in a parador in a converted monastery half way between Zamora and Santiago.

How are you getting on after your bad turn grumpy ?
Recovering well i hope 👍

He didn’t do anything to Campbell they never even got close to a deal
Not what Campbell said, he said Donald changed his price at the last minute.
Fair play, maybe there is an opportunity they've identified. Again, they're successful businessmen - it doesnt make much sense on what is known, but if they're doing it they'll have a reason we dont know of.

The club owns limited around our ground- just the car park to the North of it, but apparently they've been buying up other properties in the surrounding area.

Still up in the air about moving. As things stand, the only we we could build up is either rotating the ground 90 degrees, to build into the car park to the North; increasing the North stand, again by building backwards into the car park, or moving. There's rumour the club is frustrated with the city council over something getting in their way, but again nothing concrete.
Concrete......pretty much sums up Portsmouth as a place......Dog Shit City!!!

Last edited:
Hope you're right but what are the indications to suggest this?

Why would they be targeting the regeneration of the City of Sunderland when they probably had never heard of it until a few months ago?

As an absolute guess, I would suggest partly to increase income streams for FFP (if they owned the hotel that Short currently owns you'd expect that would provide a regular income stream, similar to what Donald mentioned ages ago). If they build a few things it could be quite a bit of revenue to add to the pot.

Additionally, often you could spend x amount on building something and get the money back when you sell it. Let's say they take an area like Sheepfolds with land that you'd expect is canny cheap. They could presumably buy it, build things there and, if we became anything like a success and the things they built were doing well in their own right, I imagine the land value would increase meaning they then sell a PL football club and, either together or separately, sell other things that might have increased a lot in value. I'm no expert like, and I'm not at all saying they're going to do it, it might all just be gossip on a forum, but that's the reasons I can imagine them considering it

Talking extension to the stadium, if they have the dream, extend it now, but dont put seats in, make it for food and beer, a proper area with TVs and the like, until (if) we ever need to hoy the seats in

I went last year but in a van from santander, rather than walking!

I went from Santander last year but in a van, not walking!
Some commercial stuff around the cathedral but the town and the whole route topper... Canna get a drink, especially in Galicia, without them throwing bait at ya ~ chicken legs, bits of pie and such 😁👍
Also just went to the ticket office in Vigo for the Celta/Barca game! Class songs and that 😁⚽
Sounds great, mate.
I am looking to walk a 100mile chunk the next spring
I'd be interested to learn how you get on, mate.

How are you getting on after your bad turn grumpy ?
Recovering well i hope 👍

Doing pretty well. I tire more easily, and standing for prolonged periods isn't that good for me (which is why I like to be able to sit at matches at least some of the time). I find the day after a long awayday is a bit of a writeoff. But overall, I'm thankful to have got off comparatively lightly.

And of course if there is a rush of new registrations it might be more down to SAFC fans hearing about the takeover and wanting to discuss it/ read the gossip on here. There might be one or two mag WUMs joining, and can certainly understand the suspicion, but tbh I imagine most mags will be keeping their heads down at the minute!

Doing pretty well. I tire more easily, and standing for prolonged periods isn't that good for me (which is why I like to be able to sit at matches at least some of the time). I find the day after a long awayday is a bit of a writeoff. But overall, I'm thankful to have got off comparatively lightly.
Keep up the good work mate and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back