Sacked vegan claims discrimination in landmark case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Read that earlier on. The thing I don't get is why does it matter if "veganism" is a philosophy/religion? You still cant go spreading commercially sensitive information about Shirley?
Was the information confidential though?

It is a belief system, and the main thing separating it from being a religion is the absence of a deity.

Perhaps they should adopt one. I hear that the tax breaks are good.
Are atheism and humanism covered under the Dicrimjnation act I wonder?

The debate on the radio was about how we protect and respect beliefs and highlighted if you continue to give loads of groups formal protection in law it will create a legal issue further down the line.Cake-Gate in Northern Ireland highlighted this,the conflict between two protected beliefs

The debate on the radio was about how we protect and respect beliefs and highlighted if you continue to give loads of groups formal protection in law it will create a legal issue further down the line.Cake-Gate in Northern Ireland highlighted this,the conflict between two protected beliefs
Absolutely. Religion and Gender equality or homosexuality.

The loonies eh?

We’re not far away from the loony left now
Speak for yourself :lol:

Are atheism and humanism covered under the Dicrimjnation act I wonder?
Atheism is an interesting one.

According to Citizen's Advice
What if you don’t have any religion or religious beliefs?

You’re also protected against discrimination under the Equality Act if you don’t belong to any religion or have any religious beliefs- for example, if you’re an Atheist.
Example

A shop assistant in a Christian book shop refuses to sell you a book because you’re an Atheist. This is unlawful discrimination because of religion or belief.

On that basis, this veganism discrimination claim have some legs (so to speak...).

Last edited:
Can understand why he was sacked if the company judged that the information he was passing on was commercially sensitive but equally it does seem a bit ethically dubious for an animal welfare charity to be investing in companies that carry out animal testing, some of the people donating to them might choose not to if they were aware of that

I see he's got vegan on his hat so everybody knows what he his.
If he was really committed he should have it tattooed on his forehead

That was a tattoo marra. He cut holes in the hat so you could see

Has anyone said he classes himself as "An ethical vegan" so apparently being Vegan alone isn't good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back